Introduction to Core Web Vitals Checkers
Core Web Vitals are a set of user-centered metrics that measure the performance and user experience of a website. These metrics include Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS). To improve your website's performance and user experience, it's essential to monitor and optimize these Core Web Vitals. In this blog, we will discuss the top Core Web Vitals checker tools available in the market, their features, and factors to consider when choosing the right tool for your needs.
Top Core Web Vitals Checker Tools to Optimize Your Website Performance
Google PageSpeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insights is a free web-based tool that provides both lab and field data on Core Web Vitals for individual pages on mobile and desktop devices. It uses Chrome UX Report and Lighthouse to generate the data and offers practical recommendations for site owners on how to improve the page experience.
- Provides both lab and field data on LCP, FID, and CLS
- Offers optimization recommendations
- Easy to use and accessible from any device
- It is a free tool.
Lighthouse is an automated website auditing tool that measures various aspects of user experience quality in a laboratory setting, including performance and accessibility. It generates a diagnostic report that includes individual assessments of the three Core Web Vitals, as well as an overall performance score based on these metrics and recommendations for how to improve your site.
- Measures lab user experience metrics: LCP, CLS, FID, TBT, TTI
- Simple to set up and use
- Examines web page performance, SEO, best practices, and accessibility
- Built into Chrome DevTools
- It is a free tool.
Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX)
Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX) is a public dataset that comprises real-world user experience data from millions of websites, allowing you to measure the experience on your website and your competitors. The data originates from Chrome users who have opted in, therefore it monitors field data on all Core Web Vitals metrics. If you're a developer, you can use the CrUX API to measure the field versions of Core Web Vitals in your own app.
- It delivers user experience metrics that reflect real users' perception of core web vitals, including loading, interactivity, and visual stability.
- It serves as a publicly available dataset accessible through multiple tools such as BigQuery, CrUX Dashboard, CrUX API, and CrUX History API.
- It is the designated dataset of the Web Vitals program and is utilized by Google Search to influence the page experience ranking factor.
- It enables website owners to benchmark their performance against other websites or industry standards and provides the ability to monitor performance trends over time.
- It is a free tool.
Web Vitals Chrome Extension
Web Vitals is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to analyze the Core Web Vitals metrics on your desktop in real time. The extension allows developers to easily analyze the Core Web Vitals by simply visiting a webpage and then clicking on the extension.
- Measures field Web Core Vitals
- Provides instant feedback on loading
- Ambient Badge to help check if a page is passing the Core Web Vitals thresholds
- Detailed drill-down in the popup
- Heads up display (HUD) overlay of the page
- It is a free tool.
GTmetrix Report Page highlights your page performance based on important page load speed metrics, including the three Core Web Vitals. It uses Google Lighthouse to help you analyze your page for practical information on performance enhancements and performance metrics.
- It presents an overview of important performance indicators and core web vitals, accompanied by actionable suggestions for enhancement.
- It incorporates a speed visualization feature that showcases the loading process of your webpage through a video or filmstrip.
- It enables you to conduct website testing from various locations, browsers, devices, and network conditions, allowing you to compare the results with other websites.
- It provides performance monitoring capabilities to track and analyze your website's performance over time, issuing alerts for any identified issues.
- It integrates field data sources like Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX) and Lighthouse, as well as lab data sources such as WebPageTest, for comprehensive analysis and insights.
- Paid plans start at $10.67/mo offering mobile testing and premium test locations
- Free version also available
WebPageTest is an online tool for testing a website's performance, including the Core Web Vitals. It offers multiple configurable options when performing the tests, such as location, browser, and connection type. WebPageTest provides complex data, making it more suitable for advanced users.
- It provides a detailed breakdown of core web vitals metrics and pointers to problematic areas and how to fix them.
- It allows you to test your web pages from different locations, browsers, devices, and network conditions.
- It offers advanced testing features such as video capture, scripting, custom metrics, and more.
- It supports lab and field data sources, such as Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX) and Lighthouse.
- It has a rich set of integrations with other tools and platforms, such as Google PageSpeed Insights, Web Vitals Chrome Extension, WordPress, etc.
- It is a free tool.
Sematext offers website monitoring tools that enable you to collect both field and lab data on your Core Web Vitals, on both mobile and desktop devices. Sematext's Experience is a real user monitoring tool that gives you real-time insight into your users' experience and satisfaction with your website. Synthetics, Sematext's synthetic monitoring solution, collects lab data on your Core Web Vitals.
- It enables API monitoring, allowing you to assess the response of your APIs from various global locations, and includes support for authentication of protected APIs.
- It provides real user monitoring, delivering real-time insights into your users' experience and satisfaction with your website, based on field data gathered from actual browsers.
- It supports synthetic monitoring, enabling you to test and measure your website's performance across different locations, browsers, devices, and network conditions, using lab data generated from simulated users.
- It tracks core web vitals and other web vitals metrics, such as Time to First Byte (TTFB), First Contentful Paint (FCP), etc., and provides actionable recommendations for improvement.
- It allows you to compare your website's performance against other websites or industry benchmarks, as well as track performance trends over time.
- Plans start at $9/month
- 14-day free trial available
Dynatrace is a real-user monitoring technology that allows you to see your customers' experiences in real time. It monitors the application, user activities, user sessions, action metrics, detects IP addresses and geolocation, replays sessions, and more.
- It collects both field and lab data on Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), First Input Delay (FID), First Contentful Paint (FCP), and Time to First Byte (TTFB) for both mobile and desktop devices.
- It allows you to select the right vitals metric for each app and key user, and analyze CWV over time by key dimensions, properties, and values.
- It enables you to create advanced queries, custom metrics, alerts, and reports using USQL and User session export.
- It provides a waterfall analysis of CWV timings and quick insights into the root causes of performance issues.
- It integrates with Google Search Console and PageSpeed Insights to complement their data with more context and details across the application front and back ends.
- It leverages the Dynatrace Davis AI causation engine to identify and prioritize the most impactful issues and suggest optimizations.
- The pricing for Dynatrace starts at $0.1.
- Free trial available.
New Relic offers a real user monitoring solution that evaluates speed and performance as your site's visitors from various web browsers, devices, operating systems, and networks. New Relic provides information on actual page performance.
- Monitors field and lab data on the three Core Web Vitals, as well as other key metrics.
- Measures full page life cycle data.
- Compares real user browser interactions and synthetic monitoring trends with comparative charting
- Pricing plan starts at $5/mo
- 14-day free trial also available
Why is it important to optimize the Core Web Vitals of a Website?
It is important to optimize the Core Web Vitals of a website for the following reasons:
User Experience: Core Web Vitals is a set of metrics that measure the user experience on a website, including page load speed, interactivity, and visual stability. A website that performs well in these metrics provides a smooth and seamless browsing experience, which leads to higher user satisfaction and engagement.
Search Engine Rankings: Core Web Vitals have become a significant ranking factor for search engines like Google. Websites that provide a better user experience by meeting the recommended thresholds for Core Web Vitals are more likely to rank higher in search results. Optimizing these metrics can help improve your website's visibility and organic traffic.
Mobile Friendliness: With the majority of internet users accessing websites on mobile devices, optimizing Core Web Vitals is crucial for mobile friendliness. Mobile users often have slower internet connections and limited processing power, so a website that loads quickly and is interactive on mobile devices enhances the user experience and increases engagement.
Reduced Bounce Rates: Poor website performance, such as slow loading pages or elements shifting unexpectedly, can lead to higher bounce rates. Users are more likely to leave a website if it takes too long to load or if the content is not easily accessible. By optimizing Core Web Vitals, you can reduce bounce rates and increase the chances of visitors staying on your website for longer periods.
Conversion Rates: A positive user experience directly impacts conversion rates. When visitors have a fast and responsive website experience, they are more likely to convert into customers, make purchases, sign up for services, or complete desired actions on your website. By monitoring and optimizing Core Web Vitals, you can enhance the overall user experience and increase conversion rates.
Competitive Analysis: In a highly competitive online landscape, having a website that provides an excellent user experience can give you a competitive edge. By focusing on Core Web Vitals, you can differentiate your website from competitors and attract more visitors, retain them, and ultimately outperform your competition.
Overall, checking, monitoring, and optimizing Core Web Vitals is essential for creating a user-friendly website, improving search engine rankings, increasing user engagement, and ultimately driving better business outcomes.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Core Web Vitals Checker
When choosing a Core Web Vitals checker, consider the following factors:
Lab vs. Field Data: Some tools provide lab data, while others provide field data. Depending on your requirements, you may need a tool that offers both types of data or one that focuses on a specific type.
Ease of Use: The tool should be user-friendly and easy to understand, especially if you are not an expert in web performance.
Features: Look for tools that offer a comprehensive set of features, such as monitoring multiple metrics, providing optimization recommendations, and supporting various devices and browsers.
Pricing: Consider your budget and the pricing plans offered by the tools. Some tools offer free plans with limited features, while others require a subscription for more advanced features.
Integration: Ensure the tool can be easily integrated with your existing workflow and tools, such as content management systems, analytics platforms, and development environments.
Conclusion: Picking the Right Core Web Vitals Checker for Your Needs
Choosing the right Core Web Vitals checker is crucial for improving your website's performance and user experience. By considering the factors mentioned above and comparing the features and pricing of the top tools, you can make an informed decision and select the best tool for your needs. Remember, a better-performing website leads to higher user satisfaction, increased engagement, and ultimately, better business results. You can also sign up for a 7-day free trial with Scalenut and explore ways to scale your website traffic.
Scalenut is an AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform that helps discover and create relevant content for your customers. Be it brainstorming a content strategy, creating comprehensive briefs, generating the content, or optimizing it per the best SEO practices, Scalenut has made the process extremely easy. Click here to create a free account and explore the many features of this tool.