We are in a world where content is no longer an added advantage for a business. Instead, it is a need for every business today. Norms and trends dictate the need for a growing digital presence, and every business needs a stronger digital footprint. At such a juncture, a business needs more content and requires optimized solutions around it.
While we tend to view content as a generic need, it can be rather diverse and distinct. Every bit of content put out in the digital world has its own sensitivities and purpose. Understanding how it works and the benefits it can help you achieve will enable you to optimize the platform better. For this, you need to have the option of choosing a seasoned writer for your business. A dedicated content writer will not just understand platforms and writing needs but will also provide the voice for your business and help craft the perfect pitch to create the brand image you are looking for.
What’s Freelancing Got to do With It
Having understood that writing can be such a diverse experience and demand such different styles, it is imperative to accept that it takes more than a novice to get a job done. Clever businesses will also appreciate that it may take a few different hands to cater to a range of writing activities. Your webpage and social media may not have the same writer, for instance. You may also need to dedicate a consistent voice to your blogs to maintain the brand voice and audience engagement.
It may prove expensive and impractical to hire so many permanent people. Engaging with a freelance web content writer or social media specialist will get the job done better and at a fraction of the cost. This is the foremost reason why businesses choose to opt for a freelance content writer over a permanent one.
Who’s My Freelancing Bet
Let’s take a moment to understand what a freelance content writer really does. This will help you understand what they can bring in terms of enrichment and value to your business. Here are some important dynamics in the world of freelance content writing:
· Expertise: Every content writer has their own set of skill sets. This may be in terms of industry verticals and domain knowledge or a special style of writing ideal for a particular platform or niche. Their experience allows you to have the most suitable, relevant content that will feature or rank better, inform and influence to a greater extent, and build the kind of brand perception you need.
· Time: Freelance writers usually dictate as much or little work as they can take on at a given point. Therefore, when your task is allocated to a freelance content writer, you can be certain that the turnaround time will be much lower than that of a full-time or regular writer.
· Optimization: Content today is purposeless unless it is adequately optimized. Most specialised writers understand the nuances of content optimization and will offer you solutions that will consistently yield optimized content. Now that’s some great ROI for your business.
· Quality: Considering a writer is only as good as his last job done, you will notice a certain level of consistency and quality across the jobs taken on by a freelance content writer. Freelance content writer jobs are fiercely contested since there is no dearth of talent, and you can be certain that most tasks handed in will meet the brief, adhere to the norms of the intended platform, and dish out the kind of content you specifically need.
How Much a Freelance Content Writer Makes
Freelancing is a full-time job. The amount of money made by a freelance content writer varies based on two parameters. The first is the amount of work they can and will take on. The second is the kind of experience they typically have. Novice writers can make anywhere betweenUSD 135 and USD 300 a month.
More experienced and specialized writers can take away as much as USD 1000 a month depending on the quantum and kind of work undertaken. While a freelance content writer salary may vary, it is a very promising avenue for business or anyone with a flair for writing and an understanding of business needs.
Meeting Your Match - Finding the Right Freelance Content Writer
Fortunately for us all, the world is filled with quality freelance writers with several divergent skill sets to showcase. Therefore, it’s not hard to find the perfect freelance content writer for your needs. However, sifting through the multitude and getting the right fit is where it can get a little challenging. Here are some methods businesses follow to try and find a freelance content writer for you:
· Freelance content writer jobs: By simply advertising freelance writer jobs, you can wait for your inbox to start filling up with profiles that can help fulfil your writing requirements. This is among the most commonly used methods that businesses use to attract writing talent.
· Posting requirements: Another popular method is posting on professional networking platforms like LinkedIn. These posts are read, forwarded, and followed by millions, and the sheer outreach is bound to get you some promising results.
· Networking: Often, people network and try to contact writers through referrals. This can work very well since you have some guarantee for the standard of writing that is set.
· Following writers: Active searches on job portals or following profiles of writers on social media platforms is another way that companies hire talent for their writing needs.
It is important to remember that any of the above processes include a lot of the following:
· A waiting time before you meet the number of candidates you desire.
· Sifting through and evaluating work of all resources to arrive at the perfect fitment.
· Negotiating pay-outs and terms of service.
· Trial and initial hand-holding.
· A large number of misses and rejections before arriving at a suitable match.
This is why most businesses today invest their work and resources with content platforms that provide freelance content writers access and complete writing solutions as well.
Scouting For Talent - Where to Find Your Freelance Content Writer
We bring you a selection of the most preferred content platforms that can give you access to some of the most experienced and talented writing professionals available today:
Scalenut is a content platform that offers every conceivable writing solution. The platform has access to the most diverse writing talent and enjoys the capability of taking on any scale and scope. The biggest advantage of using Scalenut’s service is that you only need to tender in your writing brief and leave the professionals to do the rest.
The Scalenut team will study your needs and allocate the perfect freelance content writer for the job. They will also ensure solutions are provided within the stipulated time and that writing standards are maintained consistently. This effectively means that your role in actively selecting and pursuing writers is minimized. The content guarantee is another significant draw that the platform offers.
Among the other reasons that Scalenut is a great choice is that you can find writing solutions to suit your budget and find pertinent solutions. Unlike other platforms or authors who command their rates, you can bring in your budgetary proposition and find a freelance content writer who can cater to your needs within your limits.
All variables considered, Scalenut is the most prudent choice for all writing needs.
Upwork is a freelance writer marketplace where writers upload their profiles with details of the kinds of tasks they undertake. Writing samples are also posted for client reassurance. This portal allows people to interact directly with writers and negotiate terms and rates independently with them.
The advantage for a business is the number of profiles available and the choice at hand. However, this can also prove a little confusing and labour-intensive when you have to go through the entire writer pool and make a choice. In addition, the quality of writing and editing is something that has to be factored in by the client themselves.
This is another avenue that offers you access to a diverse writing pool. You will find thousands of writers, and the choice of finding the perfect freelance content writer rests with the client.
All writers post their gigs and the services offered so that businesses and individuals can assess the solutions to find a perfect match. Since a fixed rate accompanies all writer profiles and tasks, there is little need to negotiate and bargain. However, the timelines and edits are left for the business to chase in the cases as well.
This US-based writing company has several brands and verticals under them, including Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, and Verywell. These companies have their own team of full-time and freelance content writers who can undertake writing assignments of differing kinds. The site offers multiple opportunities for freelancers in the USA.
This site allows you access to a stream of remote writers and contract writers. By listing your needs on the site, you can invite applications relevant to the kind of work that you require. The site guarantees a large flow of freelance content writers who are constantly checking for gigs and tasks. You have the flexibility of viewing their profiles and ascertaining whether they are the right candidate and profiles for your job.
This portal allows businesses a strong hand in expressing their interest in certain candidates and profiles and helping match them. This way, you can actively participate in selecting the resource you need for the job. However, it is important to remember that the writing community is so diverse and large that it is easier to get confused and misled by the information and profiles available. It can also be very time-consuming and cause duplication of effort.
This is a highly user-friendly portal that helps companies and writers come together to collaborate. Writers are assigned gigs or tasks based on their profiles, and they can either choose or reject them based on their preferences. This is also a platform where clients can rate writers, so you can sift through the best-recommended resources before you make a pick. The portal helps writers play to their greatest strengths and allows clients to look for those writers who come best recommended.
Words From the Wise
Not everyone can be a writer. Thankfully, in today’s world, even though the content is a driving force, not everyone needs to be. We live in a seamless world that has transcended geographies to allow collaboration from one corner of the globe to the other. In such a business environment, we notice that everyone can have the best of all worlds. Writers stand to get their due for the quality of work that they can showcase, and businesses can meet their ends by aligning their work with suitable candidates. The climate of business stands to benefit overall through the best solutions available in the marketplace.
Some people believe that finding the perfect resource is a matter of luck or destiny. However, it is only a function of being in the right place at the right time. Portals like Scalenut are your best link to quality talent. They are also the perfect channel to ensure quality writing services with a keen understanding of the online space, digital solutions, and audience demographics. So, while you can rest knowing that your content is in the best hands, you also have the time and flexibility of knowing that your content aligns completely with your business needs. You can now do what you do best – focus on making the profits count.