An AI writer is the perfect aid, allowing you to focus on what is important. It helps you generate faster, more precise content and enhances the way you work.
AI content writers are fast becoming a powerful tool that can help generate quality content. In this article, we will compare two popular AI writing tools, Copy AI vs Frase, and help you determine which one suits your needs better.
We will shed some light on the features, pros, and cons, as well as the pricing, of these two platforms.
Scalenut, which is a Copy.ai alternative as well as for Frase, helps marketers, SEO strategists, and content creators in general. It is suited for both long and short forms of content. You can sign up for a 7-day trial to learn more.
How does AI copywriting work, and how to choose the best AI writing software?
An AI copywriter, as the name suggests, is powered by artificial intelligence and automatically generates copy based on the given information. It is trained on machine learning algorithms to crunch vast amounts of information to understand the context and identify patterns.
Just as you would hand over a brief to a copywriter, you provide the AI tool with inputs about the topic on hand. It then uses NLP and AI to understand and generate unique content.
Why is content optimization so important? When your content is SEO-friendly, it integrates trending topics and targeted keywords relevant to interested users and, more significantly, helps them find your content. This directly relates to increased content visibility and traffic and higher page rankings.
AI copywriting and SEO tools enabled by technology have started to make huge strides in enhancing SEO efforts and are on the cusp of revolutionizing the entire field.
Miranda Miller, Managing Editor at Search Engine Journal, believes that SEO pros and content creators should investigate their options for automating content creation. She points out that it is a growing area of opportunity in terms of assisting and enhancing the editorial process and human creativity.
Several AI tools are emerging in the market, and it can be a daunting task to know where to begin and which tool can provide you with the features and workflows that can make your life easier. The decision-making process is usually subjective and dependent on individual needs.
However, there are some common yet essential factors to keep in mind when choosing a tool:
- Ease of use: Some platforms are more straightforward, while others require a higher level of expertise. Tools that are more intuitive have a shorter learning curve.
- Accuracy of content: Quality of content is determined by factually correct content that does not require a lot of editing.
- Customization: Some platforms will allow users to customize content based on their audience and create their niche.
- Pricing: The price should provide value for your budget. A good way to see if a platform is right for you is to check if they offer a free trial and to take advantage of that.
- Templates: There are different marketing use case templates offered by different AI content generators. These templates have features that are unique to each individual’s copy needs and might prove to be a match made in heaven for some.
- Languages: One should also be sure to check if the content can be generated in the desired language.
- Editor: Some platforms offer form-based tools, while others provide editor-based tools. This again comes down to individual preferences. Form-based tools allow users to enter inputs to derive outputs, while editor-based tools are more collaborative.
- Other parameters: Some AI writers offer third-party integrations, plagiarism checkers, export features etc.
Copy AI vs. Frase: A quick comparison
Copy AI ranks high in web, social media, and business ads and supports many languages. Frase has proved to be valuable in terms of content research, generating SEO content and audience research.
What is Copy AI?
Copy AI is a content generator that delivers fast results. It is primarily known for creating marketing-related copy. It is best suited for blog writers, social media managers, advertisers and email marketers. They have a handful of products targeted toward each group.
Features: Copy AI offers 90+ AI templates, guided workflows and a Chrome extension. Major use case templates include digital ads, eCommerce, sales, website copy, blog content, social media, content blog ideas, meta descriptions, listicles lifecycle, discount & sales, and follow-up emails.
- Jarvis Vs Copy AI: Which one is best for your business?
- Copy AI Vs Surfer SEO: The Right Fit For Your Content Need
- Detailed Comparison of Copy AI and Scalenut features
Copy AI pricing - How much does Copy AI cost?
Copy AI has two plans:
- The Free plan has unlimited projects and 1 user seat, under which one has access to 90+ copywriting tools. There is also a free 7-day trial of the Pro plan included.
- The Pro plan includes 5 user seats, unlimited projects, 90+ copywriting tools and priority email support for $74 per month.
What is Frase?
Frase is a platform that can help streamline SEO content creation workflow. It integrates features for content brief, writing, and optimization based on top SERP posts and pages. One of Frase’s main strengths is topic research. When you input target keywords, it suggests other keywords to use and suggests ideas. Frase offers a unique blend of an AI writer with SEO optimization tools. Frase is best suited for writers and marketers who want to research, create, and optimize SEO-friendly content.
Features: Frase offers content research through SERP analysis of the top 20 URLs, AI templates for marketing copies, content brief creation and an article summarizer chrome extension. Major use cases are covered with templates for AI content generation which includes introduction generator, outline generator, product description, summary generator, paragraph rewriter, blog title generator, etc.
- Best Frase.io Alternatives You Can Try For AI Writing
- Jarvis AI Vs Frase.io: Which One Is The Best?
- Copy AI Vs Frase: Which AI Content Generator Is Best?
Frase pricing - How much does Frase cost?
Frase has three plans:
- The Basic plan covers 1 user with 30 document credits for $44.99 per month.
- The Team plan covers 3 users with unlimited document credits for $114.99 per month.
- The Enterprise plan covers unlimited users with a custom price. You can choose to include the SEO add-on for $35 per month.
- Each document uses 1 document credit. This means that document credits are used every time you create a new document.
- Custom templates and site-wide content analytics are included in every plan.
In-depth comparison of Copy AI vs Frase features
To help you choose the best AI writing tool, we used Copy AI and Frase individually and put together a detailed comparison of some important features. Both tools have their advantages and drawbacks. Continue reading to see the detailed comparison of some important features.
Copy AI vs Frase: User interface
Although Copy AI and Frase have a user-friendly and straightforward user interface. The UI tends to lag with Copy AI and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of small changes. Copy AI and Frase use forms plus editors as part of their user interface. Frase, especially, is reported to be easy to use but has a learning curve and is not as intuitive.
Winner: Copy AI and Frase rate high on ease of use, but Copy AI wins as it provides a shorter learning curve.
Copy AI vs Frase: Supported languages
When it comes to input and output, Copy AI currently supports 24 languages. The platform has been reported to be not as intuitive in languages other than English. Frase offers support for 8 languages.
Winner: Copy AI is a clear winner for the sheer number of languages supported.
Copy AI vs Frase: Type of content
Artificial intelligence writing platforms perform both short-form and long-form writing. Here are how Frase and Copy AI perform in blog writing and marketing copies.
Both platforms are capable of producing good, relevant text. Developing long-form articles can be frustrating on Copy AI, as it is still a relatively new feature. It generates a lot of ideas, and you might find yourself scrolling for a while to find one that fits your agenda.
It’s much easier to generate relevant long-form content on Frase, but this is only available on the paid version. Also, Copy AI and Frase do produce some immaterial content, as most AI-powered tools might. Most users recommend fact-checking and running a grammar checker after.
Copy AI is more suited for short-term copy as compared to Frase. Copy AI is good with captions, product descriptions, and blog posts. Frase helps with research and users get familiar with topics they are not comfortable with by including keywords and an idea of relevant sources. It also makes content optimization easy, even if it isn’t always very intuitive. Copy AI and Frase encompass various marketing frameworks such as AIDA and PAS.
Winner: Copy AI is preferred for short-form copy, and Frase would be favored for long-term content creation
Copy AI vs Frase: Content tone and output
With Copy AI, you can choose the tone of voice that you’re looking for, ranging from ‘persuasive’ to ‘adventurous’, and most of the content generated stays true to the chosen tone but requires more context to get quality output. Frase is more natural, you can choose the scale of ‘creativity’ you’d like to see in your content, but the features are a bit more limited.
Winner: Copy AI is the winner when it comes to content tone and output.
Copy AI vs Frase: Plagiarism check and SEO
The free versions of Copy AI and Frase do not have an in-built plagiarism checker. Paid accounts in Copy AI can access a plagiarism feature. G2 points to a plagiarism check as one of the ‘Lowest-Rated Features’ on both platforms, but Frase is cited as comparatively more below average than Copy AI.
Copy AI does not have SEO functionality but does produce good content. Frase places more emphasis on content optimization and gives you an abundance of information to create content from an SEO standpoint.
Winner: Copy AI (the paid version) is better as it has a plagiarism feature. Frase is the winner, hands down, when it comes to SEO.
Copy AI vs Frase: Third-party integration
Copy AI does not support third-party integrations at the moment. It has a Google Chrome extension that allows you to work with Google Docs and Gmail.
Frase offers a HubSpot CRM integration, a Google Docs plug-in, a chrome extension, and a publish to WordPress feature. The paid versions allow site-wide analytics to be integrated with Google Search Console data. Frase is working on a WordPress integration.
Winner: Frase seems to be way ahead of Copy AI when it comes to third-party integration and plug-ins.
Copy AI vs Frase: Community and customer support
Both platforms do not provide a lot of options for customer support. Copy AI does include help centers with a lot of handy tutorials so users can get more familiar with the platform. Frase has a knowledge base and a chat support feature.
The consensus is that Frase customer support is very responsive, as well as quick to respond to customer queries. Frase also offers training through online webinars, documentation and videos.
Winner: Frase is the winner, as evidenced by user reviews.
Copy AI vs Frase: Content Brief Creation
Copy AI has keyword generators and other tools which one can use to put together a content brief. Frase is more adept at research and can pull together relevant information to create content briefs for users.
Winner: Frase is a clear winner as it prepares content briefs.
Content examples from Copy AI and Frase - Who performed better?
We tested the free versions of Copy AI and Frase. Copy AI offers many more features with a free account and allows you to do much more. We analyzed the Blog Intro tool on Copy AI and the Introduction Generator tool on Frase. Frase only gives you one output variation with the free version, while Copy AI gives you multiple variations. Here is the output we got on Frase vs Copy AI:
That said, Frase was able to generate more eloquent sounding content as compared to Copy AI. The content from Copy AI might have been good with a bit of tweaking, but one could have used the content from Frase right off the bat. Copy AI did much better once you input more information, but Frase did well with minimal information.
However, we should also point out that after running it through a plagiarism scanner, the plagiarized text did show up in Frase’s content, while none showed up in Copy AI’s content.
Advantages and disadvantages of Copy AI
Advantages of Copy AI
- Copy AI is relatively easy to use as it employs a form as well text editor
- Copy AI has good collaboration and project management features. You can share a unique link to the work you have done
- Being able to choose a tone that suits your needs is a big plus point in our books.
- Copy AI does live training, which allows one to clarify doubts and ask questions while learning about the platform
Disadvantages of Copy AI
- It is not possible to import content directly into content management systems such as WordPress.
- Copy AI cannot pull data from other websites
- There are many errors in the content, especially when used in languages other than English. It might produce a lot of irrelevant content
Pros and cons of Frase
Pros of Frase
- Frase has good topic and keyword research features, which helps writers unfamiliar with particular topics.
- Frase allows users to set deadlines and assign a status to your work-in-progress articles
- The Google Docs and Google Search Console integration is very helpful
- Frase enables you to pull content from other websites
Cons of Frase
- Frase limits the number of sites you can use with the analytics feature.
- Frase does not offer a lot of templates for different marketing use cases.
- It produces some irrelevant content. Also, some content generated might turn up positive on a plagiarism checker.
- Frase has a learning curve. Most users say it takes some time to get used to the features.
Which is better, Copy AI or Frase: The final verdict
Both the tools have their strengths and weaknesses, not to mention areas of expertise. Both tools provide better quality results when provided with more context and information. Taking into consideration the various features discussed, Copy AI seems to come out on top. It has a shorter learning curve and allows you to set a tone for your content.
Some might lean towards Frase, especially if they need to do a lot of content optimization or require third-party integration. Both Copy AI and Frase are highly recommended if you want an AI writer that gives you ideas you can ponder over and help get your creative juices flowing.
Is there any better alternative to Frase and Copy AI available?
Looking for features covered by Copy AI and Frase? You don’t have to look much further—Scalenut brings together the strengths of Copy AI, Frase, and more, resulting in an effortless workflow that does most of the work for you. Scalenut is an AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform that helps you discover and create relevant content for your customers.
Be it brainstorming ideas, creating comprehensive briefs, or creating content, Scalenut has made the process extremely easy.
Some of Scalenut’s unique features include:
- AI Templates
Use comprehensive templates for 40+ use cases such as headline generator, meta description generator, product description, copywriting framework, etc.
- NLP Automated Terms
One can produce high-quality content in the SEO Hub with NLP-driven data and competitive SERP insights. It provides quality information on how and why your competitors rank.
- Topic Clusters
Cluster similar keywords into targeted groups for relevant blog posts. Get keywords and metrics on search volumes. It helps in building link equity and acquiring topical authority. Explore Scalenut’s topic cluster tool now!
- Cruise Mode
You can create SEO-optimized blog articles in less than 5 minutes with guided workflows by providing minimal inputs with Scalenut’s smart AI writer - Cruise Mode.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Check out Scalenut platform and the enormous benefits it could bring you, all for a fraction of the price you might be paying right now.
Scalenut has 3 plans:
- The Individual plan includes 100,000 AI words and 5 SEO reports with access to 40+ AI tools for $12 per month. It is best suited for individual creators such as bloggers, marketers, and content consultants.
- The Growth plan includes unlimited AI words and 30 SEO reports with SERP Facts for $32 per month.
- The Pro plan at $60 includes unlimited SEO reports, a dedicated customer success manager and multi-user support.