Generating ideas and producing quality content consistently isn’t an easy job. That is where AI writing tools come into the picture. Incorporating these tools can introduce new and exciting elements to your ad copy and blogs. At the same time, it’s essential for the content to reach its desired audience. For that, it’s vital to optimize your content for search engines using an SEO tool.
We live in an era where machines can write quality content for organizations. AI writing and SEO tools are making the lives of social media managers and writers much easier. Two tools that have received much love and focus over the last few years are Jasper AI and Surfer SEO.
But can these tools benefit your content strategy and growth? And if so, how? This blog will cover all this and more. We’ve carefully analyzed the features of these tools and compared their offerings to help you choose one that suits your needs.
Let’s dive right into the comparison of Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI (Jarvis AI).
Meanwhile, you can also look at Scalenut, a great alternative for Jasper and Surfer. An AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform, it leverages advanced technologies, making it ideal for search engine optimized content creation, planning, and research.
Interested in exploring? Sign up for a 7-day free trial today!
Factors you should consider while choosing AI writing and content optimization tools
With so many AI writing and content optimization tools in the market, it can be tedious to pick one. To choose software that meets all your needs, there are some factors one must consider. Read on to know what these are.
1. Price: You must go through the price range of different AI writing and content optimization tools and pick one that suits your budget. An ideal AI platform will be the one that gives you AI writing, content planning, and content optimization features.
2. Supported language: As creators, we have different language preferences. Every AI writing and optimization tool comes with a set of supported languages. So, pick one that supports your preferred languages.
3. Templates: It’s vital to check the number of content writing templates you’d get with a particular AI writing or optimization tool. While some tools provide only 10-12 templates, others provide over 60 templates. So, opt for an AI writing tool that comes with enough templates that you can use.
4. Accuracy of content: Not every AI writing or content planning tool will provide you with the most accurate content. That is why it’s essential to compare the accuracy provided by each one.
5. Content Brief: Most tools today come with the article or blog outline creation feature. So, you can generate a blog or article outline by entering minimal information. Before choosing an AI writing tool or content planning software, it’s essential to check if it offers a content brief creation feature.
6. SERP Analysis: The process of looking at the top ranking URLs or web pages in the search engine results page is known as SERP analysis. It helps you understand search intent and existing content quality. This will help you in strategizing your content planning. It is a vital factor to consider when choosing an AI writing tool or an optimization tool.
7. Content Optimization: In addition to providing the most compelling content to your audience, it’s vital to make it SEO-friendly. That’s where optimization tools come in. The ideal optimization tool helps you rank higher on search engines and facilitates content planning.
In the next section, we will discuss in detail the differences between Surfer SEO vs Jarvis AI. But before that, here is a snapshot of Surfer SEO and Jarvis AI and how they compare with each other:
Surfer SEO vs Jarvis AI (Jasper AI): A quick comparison
What is Surfer SEO?
It is an on-page optimization tool that compares and analyses an organization’s site to those currently placed at the top of search engine results. By performing a thorough analysis, Surfer SEO shows what a website is missing. This feature is extremely helpful for content strategists looking for content building activities. Some of the key features of Surfer SEO include a keyword analyzer, content editor extension, and AI outline generator.
Surfer SEO also helps optimize your already published blog for better SERP ranking.
- In-Depth Comparison Of Surfer SEO Vs Scalenut
- Copy AI Vs Surfer SEO: The Right Fit For You
- Surfer SEO Vs Frase: Which One To Choose?
Surfer SEO pricing - How much does Surfer SEO cost?
Surfer SEO offers three plans to its users. Let’s go through what you’d get in each one of them.
As the name suggests, this one is their most basic plan. Individuals need to pay $49/month for this plan. Here are the benefits they can expect in this plan:
- Growing one website on autopilot
- Writing and optimizing ten articles every month
- Auditing 20 pages every month
- Inviting one team member
- Free guidelines enhanced with NLP for the first month
This plan costs $99/month and is one of their most sought-after. Here are the benefits individuals get with the Pro plan:
- The chance to audit 60 pages in a month
- The opportunity to write and optimize 30 articles every month
- Growing five websites on autopilot
- Sending invitations to three team members
- Guidelines enhanced by NLP
A premium plan by Surfer SEO, this one costs $199/month. Individuals opting for this plan get the following benefits:
- Writing and optimizing 70 articles a month
- Growing ten websites on autopilot
- Auditing 140 pages/month
- The chance to invite 10 team members
- Guidelines enhanced with NLP
- White labeling
What is Jasper AI?
Previously known as Jarvis, Jasper AI is a writing tool that can write compelling content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, and more.
Some of its primary use cases are subject lines for content, generating plagiarism-free content, scaling up content marketing, and boosting ad conversions.
You can use this tool to produce high-quality content with no grammatical errors. Moreover, you can also use Jasper to translate your content into 20-plus languages.
It is ideal for content writers and social media managers who need compelling copies. Bloggers and marketers who require non -plagiarized and fluff-free content can also benefit from using Jasper for content writing.
- 7 Best Jasper AI Alternatives & Competitors You Should Not Miss
- Detailed Comparison Of Jasper AI Vs Scalenut
- In Depth Comparison of Jasper AI Vs Copy AI Features
Jasper AI pricing - How much does Jasper AI cost?
Like Surfer SEO, Jasper AI also offers three plans to its users. Read on to find out about them.
This Jasper pricing plan is ideal for hobbyists starting out their writing journey and is priced at $49/month. You will get below features in this plan
- Supports 20+ languages
- Chat support
- Over five users
- 50+ AI templates
2. Boss Mode
Boss Mode is one of the most popular plans by Jasper AI and costs $99/month. It is ideal for bloggers and content marketers. Here are the features included in this plan:
- Compose and command features
- Google Docs Style Editor
- Increased limits on templates
- Grows with your team
- Priority chat support
- Maximum content lookback
The final pack is custom-made for teams and businesses. It is a unique pack that allows organizations to create distinctive packages according to their needs. Features under this plan are:
- Custom words/user packages
- Manage limits per user
- Dedicated account manager
- Onboarding and training sessions
- Managing limits per user
- Premium technical support
In-depth comparison of Surfer SEO vs Jarvis AI (Jasper AI) features
To help you choose the best SEO and AI writing tool, we used Surfer SEO and Jarvis individually, and here is what we learned about them. Both tools offer different features and have unique strengths and weaknesses.
Keep reading for a detailed comparison of some vital characteristics of Surfer SEO and Jarvis in our next section.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: Real-Time Content Feedback
Real-time Content Feedback is a feature in the software that provides real-time feedback as you write. It determines the content quality and brings you closer to optimized content. Both Jarvis AI and Surfer SEO provide content audit or real-time feedback.
Winner: While there is not much that differentiates these tools in real-time content feedback, Surfer SEO provides easy to implement fixes that helps boost organic traffic in days by identifying key content gaps. So, Surfer is a level above Jasper in this aspect.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: Content Planning
Content planning is a layout for the kind of content an organization needs to produce along with when and how it’d produce it. Surfer generates the entire content strategy in minutes. All users have to do is enter relevant topics and keywords. With Jarvis, you can schedule your posts in advance and save time.
Winner: Surfer SEO is the winner in this as their content planning suite is quite advanced.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: Supported Languages
Jasper AI lets you create content in 24 languages. Surfer SEO also provides support in over 20 languages.
Winner: As both tools offer support in 20+ languages, it’s a tie. So unless you’re looking for an additional language that either tool can offer, it’s tough to pick a winner.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: Plagiarism Check & SEO
Jasper AI doesn’t have an in-built plagiarism check, though you can integrate it with tools like Copyscape or Surfer. So, if you want to run the plagiarism check in Jarvis, you’d have to pay for the other tool. On the contrary, Surfer has a native plagiarism checker & SEO features.
Winner: Surfer SEO is the winner here as it comes with an in-built plagiarism checker, whereas with Jasper you need a third party integration to get the same features.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: User Interface
User Interface (UI) is the point of human-software interaction and communication. These include the aesthetic design of all the visual elements. While the user interface of Surfer SEO is all right for experts, beginners can have trouble navigating it. In contrast, Jarvis offers a more intuitive UI that you can use to develop different content types using a slew of templates.
Winner: While both the tools have a smooth user interface, Jasper AI is the winner here. That’s because Jasper’s UI is more intuitive, ensuring everyone navigates it with ease.
Surfer SEO vs Jasper AI: Customer Support & Community
Customer support is like the grievance cell. Conversely, customer communities are the places or platforms for users to have discussions or share reviews on the tool. Both the tools have a customer support & community section for their users. Jasper AI and Surfer promise quick feedback through an email feature.
Winner: While both are neck-to-neck, Surfer SEO is a clear winner here. Unlike Jasper that doesn’t offer a live chat feature, Surfer does. Moreover, the Surfer SEO also offers extensive how-to guides for its customers.
Wondering what are the pros and cons of Surfer SEO Vs Jarvis AI? We’ve covered them in detail in the next section.
Advantages and Disadvantages of SurferSEO
Advantages of Surfer SEO
Here are some advantages of Surfer SEO:
- Its enablement center is loaded with resources for users to learn more about SEO and easily navigate the tool.
- It suggests the word count for the blogs to rank higher.
- It facilitates keyword analysis that allows you to rank higher on search engines through content optimization.
- It gives you suggestions after comparison with other websites in your domain.
- It helps update your existing articles and optimize them to rank.
Disadvantages of Surfer SEO
- Beginners can face issues early on as the interface isn’t very user-friendly.
- The analysis can be high-level many times.
- Does not provide AI writing capability
Pros and cons of Jasper AI/Jarvis
Pros of Jasper AI
Read on to learn about the advantages of Jasper AI:
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It comes with a boss mode where you can use AI to write blog articles for you.
- It is a reliable AI tool that uses NLP and machine learning to create accurate content.
- It provides over 50+ AI templates to help you with short-form writing.
Cons of Jasper AI
Here are some disadvantages of Jasper AI:
- Not ideal for highly technical content.
- Can be costly for small creators.
- The AI content generator sometimes shows irrelevant information that users need to edit.
Which is better, Surfer SEO or Jasper/Jarvis: The final verdict
Jasper is an AI writing tool that allows you to generate long-form content and enhance existing content. On the other hand, Surfer allows users to create briefs and optimize their content for SERPs.
Both these tools have different capabilities. So, choosing one would depend upon what you plan on achieving through these platforms.
If you’re after a potent AI writing tool, opting for Jasper will be a good call. It provides you with a wonderful AI writing experience. In addition, it has a user-friendly interface that makes the experience smoother.
Conversely, Surfer SEO is a better tool when it comes to optimization for SERP ranking. It provides you guidelines based on top-ranking pages and valuable insights on your content. As a result, you can enhance your blog structure and include relevant keywords to rank higher on SERP results.
While Surfer SEO doesn’t let individuals write AI content and isn’t user-friendly, it is a superior software compared to Jarvis AI. That is because it allows users to create content briefs, provides NLP optimization, and comes with a third-party integration option.
That said, choosing the one between Jasper AI and Surfer SEO would depend on what your goal with these tools is.
Is there a better alternative to Jasper AI and Surfer SEO?
Jasper AI and Surfer SEO are great tools in their niches. But what if you could have a tool that provides you with the best of both worlds? Enter, Scalenut.
Scalenut is the perfect alternative for Surfer SEO and Jasper AI as it offers a complete suite of features needed for marketing teams to plan, write and optimize content. For example, it has a Topic cluster tool that helps you automate your pillar page strategy, 40+ AI templates for writing marketing copies, and a content editor for SERP analysis and content optimization.
Want to know more about Scalenut? See it yourself by Signing up for a 7-day free trial today!