Want to take your marketing copy to the next level in 2023? Look no further! In this article, we present the best marketing copy examples that are sure to spark inspiration and creativity in your marketing strategies.
From clever taglines to compelling product descriptions, these examples prove that a well-crafted copy can make all the difference in capturing your audience's attention and driving conversions.
You can take inspiration from these to create copies for social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), landing pages, the about us section, and much more. So, get ready to elevate your marketing game in the year ahead! Let's start with discussing what does copy mean in marketing.
What is Marketing Copy?
A marketing copy is written content that is created to promote or sell a product or service. It is a piece of promotional text designed to grab the attention of potential customers and persuade them to take a specific action, such as making a purchase, signing up for a trial, or downloading an app.
Marketing copies can be found in various forms, such as advertisements, brochures, email campaigns, and blogs.
The principal goal of a marketing copy is to communicate the unique value proposition of a product or service in a way that resonates with the target audience and motivates them to take action.
Types of Copy
Wondering what are the different copy types? Read on to know.
Marketing and Ad Copy
Marketing and advertising copy are the type of copy that are used to promote and sell products or services. Marketing copy focuses on educating and persuading potential customers by communicating the key benefits of a product or service in a more informational and longer format.
Ad copy, on the other hand, is shorter and more attention-grabbing. It is designed to generate a quick response from the target audience by using persuasive language and powerful visuals.
Both marketing and ad copy play a crucial role in promoting a product or service and should be aligned with the overall marketing strategy and consistent in tone and messaging.
Product descriptions are an important aspect of any e-commerce or retail website. These short paragraphs provide essential information about a product, such as its features, benefits, and specifications, to help customers make informed purchasing decisions.
These types of copy are also crucial for search engine optimization (SEO) as they provide context for the product and can include relevant keywords. There are several types of product descriptions that companies can use, including:
- Informative descriptions: These are straightforward, fact-based descriptions that list the key features and specifications of a product.
- Persuasive descriptions: These are descriptions that focus on the benefits of a product and try to convince the customer to buy it. They often use vivid language and storytelling to create a compelling image of the product in the customer's mind.
- Technical descriptions: These are descriptions that are geared toward a technical audience and provide detailed information about the product's technical specifications and features.
- Lifestyle descriptions: These are descriptions that focus on how a product fits into a customer's lifestyle and how it can improve their daily life.
Company About Pages
The company about us page falls under the category of descriptive copy. It is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the company and its mission, goals, and values.
Through descriptive language, the about page tells the company's story and highlights its unique qualities and strengths. The content should be engaging and informative, providing visitors with a clear picture of what the company stands for and what it has to offer.
The goal of a company’s about us page is to connect with the target audience, build trust, and establish credibility, making it a vital component of a company's marketing strategy.
Also Read: Creative Writing Vs Content Writing: What Is The Difference?
How To Write Good Marketing Copy
Marketing copy is a crucial part of any successful marketing campaign, helping you connect with your audience and leave a lasting impression. From a short slogan to a captivating tagline, the right marketing copy can make all the difference. Want to learn how to write marketing copy that gets results? Keep reading!
1. Know your audience: Understanding your target audience is crucial to writing efficient marketing copy. You need to know what motivates them, their pain points, and what makes them tick. This information will help you write a copy that speaks directly to your audience and addresses their needs and wants.
2. Use strong, clear language: Avoid using industry jargon and technical terms your audience may not understand. Instead, opt for language that is easy to understand and concise. Besides, focus on clarity and keep your sentences short and to the point.
3. Emphasize benefits, not features: People don't buy products because of what they are. Instead, they buy them because of what they can do for them. When writing marketing copy, focus on the benefits your product or service offers and how it solves your audience's problems.
4. Highlight unique selling points: What sets your product or service apart from the competition? Highlight these unique selling points in your blog or social media copy to differentiate yourself and attract more customers.
5. Create a sense of urgency: As a marketer, try using language that creates a sense of urgency and encourages your audience to take action now. For example, you can use phrases like "limited-time offer" or "while stocks last." You can use these as a call-to-action at the end.
6. Use images and graphics: Visuals are a powerful tool in marketing copy. So, use images, graphics, and videos to bring your message to life and make it more memorable.
7. Test and refine: Once you've written your marketing copy, test it out and refine it based on the results. Use A/B testing to see which version of your copy resonates best with your audience.
By following these tips, you can write marketing copy that engages your target audience, conveys the benefits of your product or service, and inspires them to take action.
7 Best Marketing Copy Examples
Here are some of the best copywriting examples from well-renowned brands that motivate you to write compelling and excellent copy for your target market.
1. Innocent Drinks
Why it works: This homepage marketing copy by Innocent Drinks accurately conveys the nature of the product. It opens with a precise explanation: Our smoothies contain the finest fruit.
In this manner, it acknowledges the concern of the target audience by assuring them that the smoothies contain no unnatural elements, such as artificial colors, flavors, or additives. The copy addresses this issue promptly before the reader has the chance to question it.
2. RX Bar
Why it works: The marketing slogan for RXBar is centered around the idea of being straightforward and honest. For example, the tagline for the cereal bar product page states, "Skip the B.S. and wake up to the good stuff."
Additionally, the main focus on the packaging is the list of ingredients, which are highlighted in the main image and typically consist of only four simple and wholesome components, accompanied by the phrase "No B.S."
Why it works: GoPro aims to reach adrenaline junkies who engage in various activities. However, what ties them all together is their love for speed. The fact that the camera can take 90 pictures within a split second of pressing the shutter button is all that matters to these thrill-seekers.
They don't require any complex explanations or technical details. Instead, they only want to know that they can perform their stunts with the assurance that one of the captured images will be the perfect shot. With this copy, they've kept their message straightforward and precise.
Also Read: 7 Best Copywriters Of All Time
Why it works: Recently, society has become more aware of the harm caused by Toxic Masculinity, affecting both men and women. Gillette acknowledges their part in this issue and wants to be a part of the solution.
While some people may indeed be turned off by this, it's likely to attract a new generation of men who are more conscious of the brands they use.
One of the crucial aspects of writing persuasive marketing copy is to evoke emotions in the reader. Gillette accomplished this with this advertising campaign.
5. Hiut Denim
Why it works: The concept of this copy by Hiut Denim is straightforward. It conveys that the idea of having less is better. Unlike other big denim brands, they aren't trying to make big promises.
All the brand wants is to be synonymous with jeans. All in all, this copy is candid and leaves a lasting impression.
Why it works: For starters, Everlane's copywriter demonstrates that they offer cost-effective products compared to other brands. What sets them apart is that they also make it clear where your investment is going.
With its concise language and uncluttered design, Everlane effectively prioritizes the reader's experience and generates an emotional connection, two crucial elements in any successful marketing copy.
7. Cards Against Humanity
Why it works: The reason that his marketing copy is a strong example of good copywriting is plentiful. For starters, it appeals to the reader's emotions (specifically humor) and uses straightforward language. Besides, the writing style is smooth and brief.
More importantly, it is a snappy, clever, and entertaining piece. It may not be well received by everyone. However, those it appeals to will immediately become engaged, and there is no need for excessive wording or explanations that make things complicated.
Tips To Write Compelling Marketing Copy
Follow these tips to write marketing copy that converts.
- Make it personal: People respond to content that feels like it's been written just for them. Address the reader directly and use their language.
- Be concise: People's attention spans are short. That is why you must keep your copy short and sweet. Use clear and concise language and get to the point quickly.
- Create a story: People are naturally drawn to stories, so use storytelling to engage your audience. Describe how your product or service can solve a problem or make their life better.
- Use vivid imagery: Use descriptive words to create visual images in the reader's mind. It will help them to connect with your message.
- Use social proof: People are more likely to believe your message if they see others are already using it and getting results. Use testimonials, reviews, and case studies to show your product or service in action.
- Be authentic: Be genuine in your writing and avoid coming across as sale-sy. People respond better to authentic and sincere marketing messages.
Use Scalenut's AI Copywriting feature to write attention-grabbing marketing copies
Writing engaging and compelling content is a challenging task. That is why Scalenut, an AI-empowered SEO and content marketing platform, has come up with a revolutionary feature - AI Copywriting.
A great feature of Scalenut's AI Copywriting is its ability to write content in different styles. You can choose from various writing styles, including persuasive, informative, and witty.
With Scalenut's AI Copywriting, you can save time and resources that you would have otherwise spent on writing marketing copies from scratch. Say goodbye to the days of struggling to write marketing copies and hello to the days of effortless content creation. Start using Scalenut today!