A customer enters a search query, and the search engine returns the most relevant results. In most cases, these results align with the user’s Google search intent and expectation and help them find answers to the question they had in mind. Easy, right?
Now let us head over to the other side of the picture, the creator’s experience. Things aren’t as sorted here. A lot of labor and thought goes into creating a high-performing page.
Creating impeccable content that would rank on Google SERPs (search engine result pages) requires a lot of research. It also requires digital marketing experts to figure out which keywords to target, the backlinks required, the topics to be covered, and what their competition is up to.
While we can do all this manually, it would be a cumbersome task, to say the least. Instead, modern-day marketers have started employing SERP analyzer tools to help perform deep SERP research and find ways through which they can gain a competitive edge.
With Scalenut’s SERP Analyzer tool, you can dive deeply into the world of SERP and discover insights that would be critical to your success. The tool breaks down the top SERP web pages for any keyword and showcases all the significant SEO metrics in an easy-to-understand manner.
This article breaks down the capabilities of Scalenut’s SERP Analyzer tool and helps you discover its unique abilities. Read on.
What does the SERP analyzer tool do?
A SERP Analyzer tool is an analysis tool that scrapes through the top-ranking SERP results for a specific keyword and returns with relevant data that can enable you to create a well-optimized piece.
For this, the Scalenut SERP checker tool shows a list of top-ranked pages (Scalenut shows the top 30) for a particular keyword/set of keywords. However, instead of doing it the SERP way or the rich snippets way (title, meta description, and URL), it showcases an umbrella of helpful information for each top-ranked page.
If we consider the example of Scalenut’s SEO Hub, a SERP analyzer tool, it analyzes every SERP leader’s page against many on-page parameters.
It examines the Top 30 ranking page, defines average values for the SERP analysis, and then ascertains how each page fares against every metric. It allows the marketer to gauge the potential shortcomings of those in the top positions and use it to their advantage.
For example, assume you generate a SERP Analyzer report for the keyword ‘Business Process Consulting’ on Scalenut. It will give you an in-depth report covering several aspects, such as the average number of images, H-tags, word count, and more. Also present is a metric trend that visualizes the score of the top-ranking pages in an easy-to-understand format.
The report not only showcases which pages occupy the top position, but you can also gauge the following with its help:
- Identifying common patterns that are vital for ranking for that particular keyword.
- Finding the kind of content the top-ranking pages offer, including the H-tags, average word count, and readability score.
How can you use the SERP Analyzer tool by Scalenut?
Here are the steps to follow to run the Scalenut SERP Analyzer tool:
- Head to the ‘SEO Docs’ section accessible via the left pane on your Scalenut dashboard.
- Now, enter the primary keyword/s for which you want to generate a report and choose a region you are looking to target. You can also enter any secondary keyword relevant to your search. Click ‘Create SEO Doc’ and wait for the software to process and pack the data.
- Once the report is generated, click the ‘Create Brief’ button to proceed. You can now access all the requisite data related to the top 30 URLs for the keyword entered.
What data do you get on the SERP analyzer?
Given the multiple aspects that affect SERP ranking, such as EAT, word length, and more, it is imperative that the software you choose is capable of churning in-depth reports to help your cause.
One of the major USPs of Scalenut’s SERP analysis tool is its ability to present relevant and in-depth data in the most straightforward manner possible.
Here are the features you can directly access on the SERP analyzer tool:
- You can begin the keyword research with a location in focus. At the very first step, you can choose the location while creating the SEO report, enabling you to create more localized content with ease.
- You can find options such as competition overview, outlines, questions (social listening), citations, and key terms (NLP-powered) on the top bar. As the name suggests, each of these tabs covers specific aspects related to the SERP ranking and helps understand user intent and perform competitive analysis.
- On the right, you will find general guidelines pertaining to the content creation around the keyword/s, such as the suggested word count, appropriate heading count, and the number of images to be used. These are AI-generated. Users can also add additional keywords, references, and notes for further reference.
- The competition overview tab shows the top-ranking page statistics in numerical and graphical format. It includes word count, number of H-tags, grade (in-house algorithm), image count, and readability. We have bifurcated the results into three categories based on the rankings: 1-10, 1-20, and 1-30. Scroll down, and you can find the exact details about each top-ranking URL individually.
- Head over to the ‘Outlines’ tab, and you will find the detailed outlines of all the top 30 ranking URLs, including the H2s and H3s. It presents a list of all the questions relevant to the keyword raised on the popular social platform Quora and Google. In addition, we also use our AI chops to suggest some questions that may prove helpful in decoding user intent.
- The ‘Citation’ tab showcases the list of top-cited URLs by the pages ranking on SERP. You can go over the citations to understand why they are being cited and if you can incorporate them in your piece, too.
- The ‘Key Terms’ tab houses all the relevant keywords used by your direct competitors. In addition, you can also get an overview of their placement, enabling you to understand the intent better. The seamless access to related keywords makes the keyword research process much more streamlined and accurate for creating a blog post or an article.
How to use SERP analyser to create briefs?
Once a digital marketing expert gets the hang of the topic and how their competition has gone about the content creation process around the keyword, the next step is to create a solid brief. Instead of having to switch tabs and open a new MS Word Document or a Google Doc, you can now do that on Scalenut itself.
Users can use the right pane on their SEO Analyzer for brief creation. For this, click on the ‘Headings’ option and enter the title of the piece (H1). Then, head to the ‘Outlines’ tab and choose the requisite H2s and H3s to proceed.
For this, scroll through the top-ranking URLs’ outlines and click on the relevant H2s and H3s to add them to your outline. Once your rough outline is ready, you can double–click on the selected headings to tweak them as per your needs.
There is one final aspect you can look at, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
If you want to add them, you can click on the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ options located on the right pane just below the headings you have finalized. Now, you can either enter customized FAQs or choose from the list of suggested ones under the ‘Questions’ tab. Once you have chosen all the questions, you can double-click on any of them to edit.
You would have now created your first brief with the SEO Analyzer tool successfully. Now, click on the ‘Create Content’ option on the left middle of your screen to visit the Editor. Here, you get to paste the outline by selecting the ‘Paste Outline’ option on the right-middle of your screen. You can then proceed to expand and create the content on the Editor itself.
Unique features of SERP Analyzer
Scalenut SERP Analyzer has a unique value proposition and does several things differently from its competition.
Here is how our SERP analyzer tool differentiates itself:
- It has a unique AI-driven content grading algorithm that helps you pit your content against the competition effectively. It not only showcases where your content stands but allocates a grade to each of the Top 30 URL rankings for a particular set of keywords.
- The social listening feature lets you decode the searcher’s intent more accurately. Also, incorporating some of them in your piece as frequently asked questions, H2s, or H3s would add contextual relevance and allow you to rank higher on the SERPs.
Get the most out of the SERP analyzer with keyword research and content grading
Becoming a part of organic search results on search engine results pages for a keyword is a mix of following best practices and understanding user intent well. Brands that can do so consistently acquire not only a higher domain authority but also experience improved conversions.
So, if you want to give yourself a chance to rank, you will have to build your domain authority and page authority. For that, produce high-quality content that is a part of the top-ranked organic results consistently and nails the searcher’s intent.
Scalenut’s SERP analysis tool helps achieve these results in more ways than one. It enables marketers to build their SEO strategies by providing them access to a plethora of related keywords within minutes. It lets them gauge the search volume and importance pertaining to each of them and then decide which terms to add and those that can be skipped.
In addition to the keyword finder, content grading can also play a key role in your digital marketing endeavors. We use a combination of AI and ML to assign a grade to each of the top 30 SERP results based on their strengths and weaknesses.
For example, if most of the top-ranking organic results have a low grade, it presents you an opportunity to rank and gain a competitive edge with greater ease.
For this, Scalenut lets users paste their existing content or create fresh content directly on their Editor and understand how the content fares in real-time. Also, this presents an opportunity to perform content optimization before publishing the pieces online.
All of this helps improve your content marketing endeavors significantly by streamlining the process and making it easier to access complex but relevant data all in one place.
Try the SERP Analyzer today!
The Scalenut SERP Analyzer is a modern-day tool intending to simplify content marketing and production. It helps amplify efforts and gives you a chance to reach a wider audience with ease.
If you have not yet tried our SERP Analyzer tool, we suggest you check out the 14-day free trial and understand what makes our platform different from the rest.
Click here to sign up for a free trial of our SERP Analyzer today.