The perfect guide to choosing a graphic designer for your brand
So, once you have decided to choose a graphic designer for your brand and to re-build your website, you might find yourself spiralling through a ton of choices. This happens because most of the time we are not aware of the parameters that are needed to choose someone professional. If you are a beginner and don’t know where to start, we have the perfect guide for you.
Oh, the horror stories are real
You might have heard about all the horror stories regarding choosing the worst graphic designer for an online store. Well, choosing the worst can always be a waste of time and money and even the effort that you put into the search. More importantly, you need to choose someone whom you can trust sharing the brand name and information. The right designer will respect it like their own and help you to find better ideas which can hold your brand in high regards.
Buckle up because our guide will help you to find out the tricks of choosing the right designer for your brand image. At Scalenut, we help with graphic designing services to open up ecommerce brands, online. We provide only the best and when it comes to service, our customers are our main priority.
Choosing the right designer for your brand
Firstly figure out the motive
The first thing that you have figure out is the motive behind needing a designer for your brand. There are few things that you can influence whether or not you are ready to take a huge leap and bring a designer on-board for your site.
There are few categories that you can target while looking for a good designer for your site.
- Understand which part they can target for your site and make it look better. There are brand messaging that you can choose which can entail your list of customers and them to understand the motive of your business better.
- The type of business stage you are in. The business stage depends on variety of levels which falls under three main categories. Once you have understood the stage and level, it will be easier for you to hire.
- The budget which you want to set. A lot of company owners don’t consider the budget while they are choosing the best designer for their site. A professional designer will always charge more than someone who have just started working in the same niche.
These are all the things that should be kept in mind while fixing a graphic designer for your site.
Assessing different designers and narrowing down your options
When you get all the CV’s piled up, it can be hard to assess every designer who have interviewed for the role. This is why a team of proper experts should be sorted out for the task. Before we jump into breaking down this statement, we need to present some quick tips to remember.
- Understand that there are a ton of social media platforms where you can ask for a good graphic designer to help you out. There will be a lot of viable recommendations that you can gather from these groups.
- Search through all the Instagram tags and follow arts of the designer which you like. A lot of potential designers will drop in their comment from where you can ask them for the job role.
- Last but not the least, you need to search for a brand in Pinterest and click through the websites of the designers who have posted them. From there, you will be directed to the websites of the creative experts.
Take a few steps and then asses what is needed to be done. The assessment which your team make should be based on different considerations. Make sure all the CVs are gone through and they are given a thorough assessment. Comparison between one and two CVs should be done at a time for the team to understand who will fit the job role better.
Considering the field of experts and how these designers have excelled in their respective fields is important. If you are unsure about anyone’s performance then ruling out their CV will help you to filter the best candidates for the role.
Vetting prospective designers and then choosing the best
The last step is to choose someone best for the role and consider, trust them with all the responsibilities of your site. Now that you have got a small and curated list, it will be easier for you and even for your team to choose someone who have excelled in their field.
There are few pointers which you should consider.
- Comparison of the CVs and then understanding which one shines better than the other.
- Understanding the role and their preference of work. If you have chosen a prospective designer for your site then their preference of work and good they will handle the roll is important for the management to understand.
Taking a note of their portfolio is one of the most important thing to do. For a designer, their portfolio can speak volumes. Their portfolio which is presented on various social media platforms will help you to have a basic understanding of their creativity and how they work for professional backgrounds.
You could also check the testimonials on different sites and always have a reassurance of how their work is for other clients. If you are on the fence then reaching out to possible testimonial givers and knowing the truth of the statement is always helpful.
These are the basic things that you can do while choosing a good graphic designer for your online store. Scalenut is one-stop service for you regarding all your web designing queries. At Scalenut, we provide only the best to our customers and help their site to rank at the top. Our web designing services are catered to the needs of our customers and helping them out is our utmost priority.