You know what’s better than using a great SEO optimization tool? Fusing and using the best of two powerful ones.
Here is the moment of glee, we are excited to share with you Scalenut’s partnership with Semrush. This partnership brings in not just one, but two integrations, namely - Keyword Researcher and Cluster Booster.
Why the need for these integrations, you may ask?
- The integrations propel the existing Scalenut offerings.
- Keyword Researcher helps the user get related keyword suggestions to be used to create Scalenut’s SEO docs.
- Cluster Booster integration with Scalenut’s Topic Clusters enables users to get additional SEO information about the clusters generated.
- Integration with Semrush will lead to a lot more meaningful enhancements in the Scalenut product in the coming time.
What are the integrations?
Keyword Researcher is a powerful SEO tool from Semrush’s features arsenal. As the name suggests, it suggests you related keywords and displays them on Scalenut SEO Hub while doing content research. It can be then used to create an SEO Doc.
Need Gap: While people may know how to read research, they usually don’t know how to start the research process. Knowing the right and relevant keywords to input is the first step in that direction, and Keyword Researcher helps fill that void.
Another superb integration powered by Semrush, Cluster Booster, gives you access to additional information for the keyword clusters you should address as a part of your content strategy. Picking and addressing the right clusters is really necessary to be in the favorites book of the Google search engine (basically, acquiring topical authority).
Need Gap: Some of you may be aware that Scalenut launched Topic Clusters recently. Topic Clusters help you find related keyword clusters and volume for the seed keyword you wish to address. While Topic Clusters currently display search volume (which many believe is the be-all and end-all), having additional metrics data helps hit the nail just right.
Scalenut + Semrush collaboration: What do you achieve out of using it?
With Topic Clusters, users could see Keyword Search Volume and Cluster Search Volume. With the unified forces of Semrush, Cluster Booster helps you get data on:
- Cluster difficulty (individual Keyword Difficulty as well)
- CPC (Cost per click)
What is keyword difficulty?
As the name suggests, keyword difficulty refers to the amount of work you would have to put on your part to be visible and rank on the Google engine for your targetted keyword. It is on a scale of 10; 1 being the easiest and 10 being the toughest.
More keyword difficulty = More effort.
Does that mean you should target keywords with low difficulty? No, not necessarily.
While search volume is one of the key metrics to the SEO puzzle, it is not the only one. A smart SEO strategist gauges not only the number of queries for a search term but also how many competitors and domains are vying for that term to acquire SERP supremacy. The more the crowd for that term, the more the keyword difficulty.
- High search volume, low difficulty
- Somewhat high search volume, medium difficulty - these are the sweet spots.
These are the baskets you want to put your eggs in (keywords you want to put your money on and create a content strategy around OR keywords you can organically rank for and save money).
While we say this, there are still many factors one needs to consider; search intent, domain authority, page authority, quality content, and link equity being some of them.
Striking the right balance of these factors can take you to the Jackpot - Google #1.
What is CPC?
CPC is the cost-per-click one pays when running Google ads for the chosen keyword.
Having a bird's eye view on CPC along with search volume for the keywords can help you understand:
- Where to put your money to get the best ROI?
- How to play smart and select keywords that save costs when you take the organic route?
Benefits of Cluster Booster
- Perform better keyword cluster research
- With keyword difficulty, choose the right set of clusters
- With CPC information, choose keywords that will optimize RoI
- Helps you acquire topical authority by telling you what to write on
With Keyword Researcher, you get related keyword suggestions of the seed keyword. The metric data helps you nail down the keyword you should be considering as your primary and secondary.
These are the metrics you find when you input a query into the Keyword Researcher powered by Semrush:
- Trends (interest levels of users for a given keyword over a period of 12 months)
- Keyword difficulty
- Search volume (average number of monthly queries on Google)
Benefits of Keyword Researcher
- Completes the entire content workflow on one single platform.
- Helps the user target the right keywords that are relevant to their audience
- Enables a user to create multiple-keyword SEO docs through Scalenut’s SEO Hub and thereby conduct SEO competitor analysis for multiple trending keywords at once
- User can also get started with writing through Scalenut’s AI Editor for their trending keyword.
How to setup the Keyword Researcher on your Scalenut account?
Follow the steps given below to connect the Keyword Researcher plug-in with your Semrush account and also use it within the Scalenut content suite.
- To start using Keyword Researcher, head to ‘My Account’ from the Main Menu. Choose ‘App Integrations’ from the options on the left. Now, click on ‘Keyword Researcher.’
- Next, when you are ready to connect, click the ‘Connect’ button on the top right.
A pop-up will appear. Here, you can enter your Semrush Account Details.
(Note: If you do not have a Semrush account, create a new one. This plug-in works with all Semrush plans.)
- Once you’ve filled the details, click ‘Connect’. Keyword Researcher is now installed and ready to use.
- Navigate to ‘SEO Docs’ from the Main Menu. You will now see the ‘Click here to power up’ button under ‘Create SEO Doc’. Click the button to start your research.
- Enter the topic you would like to research keywords for, say ‘Coffee Beans’. Choose your country, and click ‘Search’.
You now see the highest performing keywords with Google trends, CPC, Keyword Difficulty, and Search Volume.
- Choose the keywords you would like to include by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the keyword. The keyword you select first is chosen as your primary keyword. You can change the primary keyword by hovering over the selected keyword and selecting ‘Make this Primary Keyword’.
You can select up to 21 keywords.(1 Primary + 20 Secondary)
- Now, click ‘Create SEO Doc’ for a thorough keyword analysis of one or more of the chosen keywords allowing you to create multi-keyword reports.
How to setup Cluster Booster on your Scalenut account?
Follow the steps given below to connect the Cluster Booster plug-in with your Semrush account and also learn to use it with the Scalenut suite.
- To start using Cluster Booster, head to ‘My Account’ from the Main Menu.
Choose ‘App Integrations’ from the options on the left. Then, click on ‘Cluster Booster.’
- When you are ready to connect, click the ‘Connect’ button on the top right.
A pop-up will appear. Here, you can enter your Semrush Account Details.
- Once you’ve filled in the details, click ‘Connect’. Cluster Booster is now installed and ready to use.
- Go to ‘Topic Clusters’ from the Main Menu. You will see an icon on the top right telling you that Cluster Booster is ON.
- Enter a keyword, select country, and create a new Topic Cluster. Your clusters will now contain data like Cluster Difficulty, individual Keyword Difficulty, and CPC. You can also sort your clusters by Cluster Difficulty.
- Keyword difficulty refers to the amount of work you would have to put on your part to be visible and rank on the Google engine for your targetted keyword. So look for high volume and low difficulty clusters
- Having a view of CPC (Cost per click) helps you understand the RoI when you rank for a keyword.
- Use this additional data to choose the best-performing clusters so you can rank higher.
Message from the Founder’s desk
Over the last one year, Scalenut has launched many new power-ups to strengthen a user’s SEO game.
Be it a tool that writes a blog in a New York minute (Cruise Mode),
A tool for smart content planning (Topic Clusters),
A tool that tells you what your audiences are asking (Social Listening in SEO Hub),
A tool that informs what catches the search engine’s eye (NLP Optimization within SEO Hub)
to literally features that spit current facts (Scalenut’s SERP Ideas)
…all the efforts are aligned to enhance the SEO workflow and enrich the user experience.
Scalenut is an AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform. These integration work as a testament to where we position ourselves. From the granular lens, these integrations do help complete the content workflow but if you wear the broader binoculars, you may notice we are committed to one single objective. Help our users increase their organic reach.
These integrations are the stepping stones to that bridge but ofcourse, there is more in store. And we can’t be more excited to share it with you all.
1. What plans of Scalenut and Semrush support Cluster Booster?
Cluster booster will work on Growth, and Pro plans of Scalenut and paid Semrush plans.
2. What plans of Scalenut and Semrush support Keyword Researcher?
Keyword Researcher will work on Growth, and Pro plans of Scalenut. For Semrush, it will work for all accounts basis limits set by Semrush.