Top 7 Outranking Alternatives and Competitors 2022 (In-depth Review)
Humans and machines have started collaborating in almost every industry and vertical today. These interactions are happening even in something as dynamic as content creation - or to be more precise, SEO content creation.
There was a time when businesses used to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to create a single content piece that was SEO-enriched. Things have changed a lot today with the advent of powerful SEO tools that automate almost every task associated with the process of SEO content creation.
A popular SEO tool currently available in the market is Outranking. It is one of the few tools that take a data-driven approach to planning, creation, and optimization of an SEO content piece. However, when compared to other tools like Scalenut, Outranking has some serious flaws like a lack of Chrome Extension, free trial, and shortage of tutorials, to name a few. And that’s why we have come up with this post where we take you through the 7 best Outranking competitors that you can try in 2022.
Looking for an alternative to Outranking that is ideal for not just SEO but even for copywriting? Try Scalenut by signing up for a 7-day free trial and decide for yourself.
PS: We wrote this blog on Scalenut :)
7 Best Outranking alternatives to consider
Here are the top 7 Outranking Alternatives that you can consider for your SEO needs -
- Surfer SEO
- Jasper AI
#1 Scalenut: The best Outranking alternative offering maximum value
Scalenut is an advanced AI-powered SEO tool that also serves as a powerful Content Marketing platform. The tool automates everything from content research to writing and is an apt choice for a wide variety of audiences such as copywriters, SEO specialists, content marketers, and even bloggers. Disruptive technologies like AI and NLP work behind the scenes 24X7 in Scalenut and make sure that all your content pieces rank at the top of SERP results. Scalenut’s interface has been designed in such a way that even somebody unfamiliar with SEO can optimize content in seconds.
- Cruise Mode: A feature absent in Outranking, Cruise Mode - AI writer lets you craft a complete blog in under 5 minutes. As a user, you just have to set the context and input some basic details about your topic. Cruise Mode will generate SEO optimized complete blog in minutes. Proofread and make minor changes and you are good to publish. !
- Advance Content Research: Unlike Outranking, Scalenut comes up with complete details about the 30 top ranking URLs of your target keyword. It not only generates competitor trends but also captures FAQs from Quora, Reddit, and Google to help you understand search and user intent, so that you can create an article that the readers love and search engines rank.
- NLP-Driven Content: Scalenut recommends important NLP words that you can plug into your content piece to improve its rank even further. The tool even assigns you a grade content quality score based on various factors like tone, grammar, readability score, NLP and LSI term usage etc.
- SERP Ideas: No other tool apart from Scalenut ensures that your content is current and factual. It achieves this through its SERP ideas feature. Through this, it shows what the top-ranked websites are writing around your keyword.
- Chrome Extension: Another feature that is absent in Outranking. Scalenut’s Chrome extension lets create content from any device anywhere. Most of Scalenut’s core features, such as AI Templates, Email Writers, and Rephrase, are available through its Chrome extension.
Pros of using Scalenut
- Scalenut has features like the Chrome extension and advanced content research, which is absent in Outranking.
- Unlike Outranking, which puts a limit on the number of SEO projects you can do per month, Scalenut lets you create unlimited content for as little as $32/mo.
- Scalenut has a free trial plan which is absent in Outranking.
- Scalenut generates content that is factual and current. However, when you create content using Outranking, a manual round of editing is always needed.
Cons of using Scalenut
Though there aren’t any real cons, some users might get overwhelmed when they see the vast number of features offered by Scalenut for the first time. Scalenut has prevented this situation by building a huge repository of how-to guides and tutorial videos that are easily accessible to anyone.
Scalenut Pricing: How much does Scalenut cost?
Here is everything you need to know about Scalenut Pricing:
- The Individual Plan is perfect if you are a blogger, marketer, or content consultant working on your own. This plan lets you create 5 SEO reports and generate 100,000 AI words in a month.
- The Growth Plan should be chosen by young businesses who are just starting out and want to push their content creation to the next level. The plan lets you create 30 SEO Reports but lets you generate unlimited AI words. You can also access advanced features like Cruise Mode, Instruct, Paraphrasing, SERP Facts, and Topic Clusters using this plan.
- The PRO Plan is ideal for large teams and businesses with multiple users. Apart from everything in the Growth Plan, you get a dedicated customer success manager in this plan.
Scalenut is best suited for
- SEO strategists
- Content creators
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
#2 Frase: The best Outranking alternative for collaboration
Frase is a content optimization software like Outranking that combines the power of AI and NLP to generate human-like content in seconds. With Frase, you can research competitors, create content briefs, and even write the entire article on a single platform. Frase comes with a variety of AI tools that can automate different phases of your content creation journey.
- Custom Templates: If you do not like any of the in-house templates provided by Frase, you can create your own for repeat usage.
- Status Update: Anyone in your team can update their content status. This ensures that every individual in the team knows what is happening with a content piece.
- Folders: You can create separate folders for individual projects and organize all the content pieces in them.
- Integration: Since Frase is integrated with Google Search Console, you get access to site-wide content analytics, helping you make informed decisions.
Pros of using Frase
- Unlike Outranking, Frase has plenty of collaboration tools, making it a great choice for large teams.
- You can access every feature in the tool irrespective of which plan you choose.
Cons of using Frase
- The tool has a complicated pricing model. Many important features like Keyword search volume are absent in all three plans. You need to purchase a separate add-on for it.
- Like Outranking, even Frase doesn’t have a Chrome extension.
- There is no free trial plan available.
- If you are an individual content creator who has limited content needs, the Basic plan is a perfect choice. It gives you access to all the tools but has only 30 document credits.
- If you are a small agency with multiple users, then the Team plan is a great option for you. Apart from offering unlimited document credits, the tool provides 3 user seats.
- If you have very specific needs in content, then you can opt for the Customer plan. It can be tailored according to your content generation volume.
- If you want access to some premium features like keyword search volume, SERP data enrichment, etc., you need to subscribe to the SEO Add-on pack.
Frase is best suited for
- Owners of small and mid-sized businesses
#3 Clearscope: The best Outranking alternative for reporting
Clearscope, the next SEO tool in this list, is known for offering rich insights to create comprehensive content. It is one of the few tools that automatically identifies and informs you about the LSI words that need to be embedded into your content. This automatically improves the SEO rank of your content and drives relevant search traffic to your website.
- Reports: You can instantly generate rich reports that contain high-signal recommendations for your website and content. All the information is gathered from real-time Google data.
- Grading Scale: Through this feature, Clearscope not only grades your content but also offers handy tips on ways to improve the grade.
- Integrations: You can easily integrate Clearscope with your Google Docs and WordPress accounts. This will automate your entire content workflow.
Pros of using Clearscope
- Unlike Outranking, Clearscope has Google Docs and WordPress integrations.
- Clearscope also supports multiple languages such as German, English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Unlike Outranking, Clearscope offers free live training and dedicated onboarding for every user.
Cons of using Clearscope
- Like Outranking, Clearscope is quite pricey.
- There is no free trial in Clearscope, just like Outranking.
- There is no topic cluster feature in this tool.
Scalenut’s Topic Cluster tool helps you generate a comprehensive content strategy with relevant topic ideas and targeted keywords within seconds.
- If you are a team of around 3 members, then you can choose the Essentials plan. The plan gives you 100 keyword discovery credits and 20 Content report credits per month. You also get multi-language support and Google Docs, and WordPress integrations in this plan.
- If you are a large business or a big agency with plenty of team members, the Business plan is a better choice as it has unlimited user seats and comes with 100+ content report credits.
- The Enterprise plan is ideal for you if you are looking for customized solutions for your business.
Clearscope is best suited for
- Content writers of medium and large-sized businesses
- Content marketers of medium and large-sized businesses
#4 SurferSEO: Best Outranking for content auditing
Surfer SEO is a perfect choice if you’re looking to write SEO-enriched blogs and landing page copies. The tool is an assortment of several powerful mini-tools like Keyword Research Tool, Content Planner, Content Editor, and SERP Analyzer. All these tools help you in crafting a content piece that is readable and rankable at the same time.
- Views: This is a unique feature of Surfer SEO where you can easily navigate between different features of the platform without opening multiple tabs in your browser. SERP View, Table View, and Chart View are the most used views.
- Audit: This feature lets you compare your existing webpage with the web pages of your competitors. It comes up with handy insights on what’s working for your website and what isn’t when it comes to SEO.
- Planner: Just like the Topic Cluster feature of Scalenut, this feature lets you organize search terms into groups and target them via different articles or blogs.
Pros of using Surfer SEO
- Surfer SEO comes with a dedicated Chrome extension for all the mini-tools it hosts.
- The tool can be integrated with both Google Docs and WordPress.
- All the plans offer 24X7 live support to answer your queries.
Cons of using Surfer SEO
- Like Outranking, Surfer SEO doesn’t offer any free trial.
- The lack of guided AI writing is felt when you start scaling up your content creation process with this tool.
- The tool doesn’t offer unlimited audit or writing even in its highest plan.
Surfer SEO Pricing
- The Basic plan is suitable if you are an individual looking to optimize a single website. In this plan, you can write and optimize 10 articles in a month.
- If you are a small agency or business with 3 team members, then you should try the Pro plan. It lets you optimize 5 websites, write 30 articles, and audit 60 pages in a month.
- If you have a large business with multiple users, then the Business is best suited for you as it lets you write and optimize 70 articles, grow 10 websites, and audit 140 pages in a month.
Surfer SEO is best suited for
- Small and mid-sized agencies
- Content marketers of large enterprises
#5 Jasper AI: The best Outranking alternative for a thriving community
If there is onething that separates Jasper AI from Outranking, it is its ability to balance both long-form and short-form content generation. It can be used to generate SEO-enriched content for your blogs as well as produce witty copies for your social media accounts. The tool can also be used to repurpose existing content, apart from writing new ones.
- Recipes: Lacking in most other tools, including Outranking, this feature lets you access pre-created workflows holding a series of commands. These commands can be used to transform your content creation process into a repeatable and effortless one.
- Templates: There are over 50 templates in Jasper AI that can be used to create content for a wide variety of purposes.
- Multi-language support: Jasper AI supports more than 25 languages. This tool is perfect if you’re a translator or love to write in multiple languages.
Pros of Jasper AI
- One of the few tools in the market that can be directly integrated with SurferSEO and Copyscape tools.
- It’s a multi-user tool where you can invite up to 10 members to use your account. However, you need to subscribe to the Boss mode for this.
- You can create multiple folders for different projects and organize your content inside them.
Cons of Jasper AI
- Jasper AI doesn’t have any free trial plan, just like Outranking.
- There is no plan in this tool that lets you write unlimited words. The whole pricing model is based on the number of words you intend on generating in a month.
- The tool is not really known for its factual accuracy. It needs secondary research after coming up with the first draft.
Jasper AI Pricing
- The Starter plan is best suited for individual content creators and marketers who have limited content requirements in a month. The plan gives you access to 50+ templates, 20+ languages, 5 users, and chat support.
- The Boss mode gives you a boost to your content creation and gives you full control and flexibility in the process. Apart from everything in the Starter plan, the Boss mode gives you a Google Docs style editor, Compose and Command features, Maximum Content Lookback, and priority chat support.
- There is also a Business plan that can be totally customized based on your actual needs.
Jasper AI is best suited for:
- SEO Specialists
- Content Writers
#6 Marketmuse: The best Outranking alternative for high-quality output
If you’re looking to improve the organic search ranking of your content with minimal effort, then Marketmuse is the tool for you. It is a cloud-based SEO software that analyzes your content and informs you how good or bad it is, along with ways to improve it. Marketmuse also finds out how close your content is to the reader’s intent. This lets you know whether the content is publish-worthy or not.
- Inventory and Applications: This is the feature that gauges the quality of your content. It even lets you know how authoritative the piece is in the topic category.
- Briefs: This feature completely takes over the responsibility of brief and outline creation. It even suggests related topics and recommended internal and external links for the keyword.
- Text Editor: Marketmuse comes with a user-friendly text editor that not only serves as a word processor but also offers dynamic feedback on your content.
Pros of using Marketmuse
- Unlike Outranking, Marketmuse has a free plan with no credit card required.
- Marketmuse has individual modules for different processes such as content writing and content optimization. This avoids confusion and makes the learning curve flat.
- There are multiple forms of learning materials like a crash course, how-to guides, and case studies, all of which help in onboarding new users quickly.
Cons of using Marketmuse
- Marketmuse is very expensive. The cheapest paid plan is priced at $7200 per year.
- The tool has limited features for the price point. Chrome Extension, Google Docs, and WordPress integrations are dearly missed.
- The tool has a poor user interface which reduces the adoption rates.
- The Free plan has very limited features and is ideal only for hobbyists or those who are learning the art of content optimization. It comes with just 15 queries in a month and lets you create 10 projects. But this plan makes this tool an ideal Outranking Alternative Free tool.
- The Standard plan is suitable for the more serious content creators and teams who are looking to level up their content optimization game. The tool lets you generate 100 queries in a month and create unlimited projects. It also comes with a data export feature.
- The Premium offers everything in the Standard plan plus advanced features like on-demand content audit, Domain analysis, dedicated account management team, platform onboarding, and team access, to name a few.
Marketmuse is best suited for
- Marketing teams of Large enterprises
- Digital Marketing Agencies.
#7 Dashword: The best outranking alternative for building briefs
The last tool on our list is Dashword, an online SEO tool that helps content creators and website owners improve their website’s organic traffic. Dashword offers valuable feedback on all your content along with tips to improve the same. The tool also points out some of the questions that are being asked in different forums around your main keyword.
- Brief Builder: This feature creates content outlines and even lets you edit them in the same view. You can also share the briefs with your team with a single click.
- Optimization: The tool not only lets you optimize the content based on the latest SEO rules but also suggests secondary keywords that need to be added to the content piece to improve its SERP rank.
- Monitoring: The tool continuously monitors the ranking of your page and alerts you in case it finds any underperforming pages on your website.
Pros of using Dashword
- Unlike Outranking, Dashword comes with a free plan in which the first report is free. This makes it an excellent Outranking free alternative.
- It has a Google Docs add-on that lets you write and optimize the content in the same window.
- The tool is perfect for teams because all plans offer multi-user support.
Cons of using Dashword
- There is no major active community for this tool. You have to fend for yourself in case you come across any important questions about the tool.
- It supports only a single language.
- Even the highest-priced plan caps the number of reports you can generate in a month.
- The Hobby plan is ideal for a team of 3 members who are exploring the world of AI. The plan comes with 5 NLP reports, monitoring of 5 content pages, and 35 traffic pages.
- The Startup plan is perfect for a small startup with a team size of 5 members. The tool lets you generate 20 NLP reports and monitor 20 content pages and 100 traffic pages. It also comes with premium support.
- The Business plan is suitable for large businesses as it supports 10 users, 100 NLP reports, monitoring 100 content pages and 500 traffic pages, along with premium customer service.
Dashword is best suited for
- Marketing teams of Startups
- Content teams of small and medium businesses.
And that’s a wrap. In this post, we explored the top 7 Outranking IO alternatives that you can consider for optimizing your content in 2022. As you already know by now, the importance of creating good content is on the rise. Search engines are rewarding the websites that generate quality SEO-enriched content frequently. And that is why it’s important to support your content team with a powerful SEO tool that can improve your organic search rank.
Scalenut can be a great choice for your SEO needs because it comes with many advanced features that propel your content piece to the top of the SERP without letting you break the bank.