We are living in the era of automation. Doing things manually is no longer considered effective. This includes the process of content creation. The landscape of content creation is rapidly changing, thanks to the advent of AI writing tools. These tools, driven by advanced technologies like AI and NLP, help writers automate most of their tasks.
A really popular AI writing tool is Copy AI. Though this tool is used by many, it is not without downsides. For starters, the Copy AI tool is best suited only for short-form content like ads, product descriptions, meta descriptions, and so on. So using it for writing long-form content might not be a great idea considering its shortcomings.And that’s why we bring you this article where we take you through some of the top alternatives to Copy AI, including their key features, pros, cons, and pricing.
Looking for a Copy AI alternative that not only generates high-quality content that ranks on Google but offers much more. Try Scalenut, sign up for a 7-day free trial and decide for yourself.
Top 7 Copy AI Alternatives
Here are the best Copy AI alternatives that you can consider for automating your content creation process:
- Jarvis AI (Jasper AI)
- Surfer SEO
Scalenut is an AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform that comes with a myriad of features to scale up your content creation process. SEO Assistant, AI Copywriter, Topic Clusters are a few of the main modules under it. Apart from helping you write short-form and long-form content, Scalenut also takes care of your content research and generates powerful insights to make the final output readable and rankable. The interactive interface is extremely easy to use, even for those who have never used an AI writer.
- SERP Ideas: The goal of SERP ideas is simple, to let you generate content instantly and simultaneously check how factual or accurate it is. It’s a real time-saver.
- Chrome Extension: With Scalenut’s Chrome extension, you can access all the powerful features of Scalenut while browsing the web. No more switching tabs or disturbing your regular tasks.
- Cruise Mode: This is the most advanced feature of Scalenut. Cruise Mode AI blog writer lets you write SEO-optimized blog content in less than 5 minutes. All you need to do is to feed the AI engine with some basic information such as outline, writing points, title, etc., and Scalenut will take care of the rest.
- Topic Cluster: This unique feature helps you automate your pillar page strategy by clustering similar keywords into groups that you can target in one blog post. With the topic cluster tool, you can gain topical authority and build your entire content strategy in seconds.
- NLP-Driven Content: NLP terms recommended by Scalenut gives that additional boost to your content’s SEO rank. When you infuse these terms into your content piece, your article turns comprehensive for a search engine, which boosts your SERP rank automatically.
- Advanced Content Research: Scalenut performs deep research on all your competitors and finds out what they have written on your target keywords. This way, you are armed with all the necessary information to beat your competition.
- AI Writer Templates: With this feature, you can handle 40+ use cases such as headline generator, meta descriptions, product descriptions, copywriting frameworks, etc. You can check out the free AI writing tool from Scalenut as well.
Pros of using Scalenut
- The tool comes with various pricing plans for all types of audiences making it the most affordable AI writer in the market
- Scalenut’s Topic Clusters, which helps in content planning, is absent in Copy AI.
- There is a free trial available, which doesn't require credit card details to activate it.
- Scalenut is the ‘complete package’ for any writer, be it a long-form writer or a copywriter. You do not need to subscribe to another tool.
- Best-in-class content produced, thanks to its self-learning AI engine that keeps getting better.
Cons of using Scalenut
Due to the abundance of features available in Scalenut, some writers, especially if they are new to AI writing, might find the learning curve steep. But Scalenut has taken care of this by offering tutorial videos and easy-to-read how-to guides accessible to everyone.
Scalenut Pricing: How much does Scalenut cost?
Here are the complete details about Scalenut Pricing:
- The Individual Plan is best suited for individual creators such as bloggers, marketers, and content consultants. You can create 5 SEO reports and generate 100,000 AI words with this plan.
- The Growth Plan is ideal for startups and businesses that are just starting to push the boundaries of content creation. Apart from 30 SEO Reports and unlimited AI words, you get a host of other features such as Topic Clusters, Cruise Mode, Instruct AI to write, Paraphrasing, and SERP Facts.
- The PRO plan is ideal for large teams and businesses who are looking to scale up their content. You get everything you find in Growth Plan plus a dedicated customer success manager and multi-user support.
Scalenut is best suited for
- SEO strategists
- Content creators
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
#2 Frase.io: The Copy AI alternative for SEO Writers
Frase.io is an AI writing tool aimed at long-form content writers. It comes with an SEO-optimization tool that ensures your content piece ranks higher than your competitors. Apart from its NLP engine, Frase.io is also known for its answer bot that crawls your website and offers handy insights on improving the rank-worthiness of your content further.
- Custom Templates: You get to design your template and use it anytime, anywhere. The template will be saved in the cloud for your repeat usage.
- Collaboration and Accessibility: The tool lets you easily collaborate with your team members. For instance, your writers can update the status of their content anytime. They can also organize the content pieces into separate project folders, making it easier for everyone to access them.
- Analytics: Frase.io also offers content analytics to all its users. This is possible due to its integration with Google Search Console data.
Pros of Frase.io
- The tool is suited for a team of any size due to the abundance of collaboration features.
- It has a strong customer support team that can resolve queries instantly.
- Their NLP and AI engines are powerful, capable of generating content in seconds.
Cons of Frase.io
- The lack of templates for different use cases makes it a poor choice for short-form content.
- The absence of tutorials and learning materials online makes the learning curve quite steep.
- It does not have a 5-minute blog writer, similar to Cruise Mode of Scalenut
- It does not provide guided content briefs.
- The absence of a Chrome extension makes it difficult to access most of its features on the go.
- There is no free plan. Only a 5-day money-back guarantee is offered.
- The Basic plan is ideal for individuals and small teams starting to execute SEO content for their organization or client. You cannot add additional users in this plan.
- The Team plan is suited for teams and agencies with multiple users who want some flexibility while creating the SEO content plan.You can add more users at an additional cost of $25 per month.
- The Custom plan is suitable for large teams looking for custom services. It comes with total flexibility as it can accommodate unlimited users.
- There is an optional SEO add-on that costs $35/month. It comes with premium features such as keyword search volume, SERP data enrichment, etc.
Frase is best suited for
- Owners of small and mid-sized businesses
#3 Jarvis AI (Jasper): The Copy AI alternative that is ideal for teams
Jarvis AI is the next AI writer on our list and certainly deserves a spot on it. This is one of the few tools that balance the creation of long-form and short-form content. The tool is also capable of writing fresh content and repurposing existing ones. The produced output is SEO-enriched and plagiarism-free.
- Recipes: This is one of the key features of Jarvis. These are pre-built workflows holding a series of commands. These commands help you in the creation of content through a repeatable process. You can view not only the recipes of other contributors but also create one of your own.
- Templates: The tool comes with 50+ templates covering a myriad of use cases. You can use them to come up with unique content instantly.
- Multi-language support: With Jasper you can generate content in more than 25 languages.
Pros of Jarvis AI
- Comes with Surfer SEO and Copyscape integrations. The SurferSEO integration helps in improving the SEO capabilities of Jarvis AI while Copyscape serves as a great plagiarism tool.
- You can organize all the content in separate folders for different projects.
- You can invite up to 10 team members to your account in the Boss mode.
Cons of Jarvis AI
- The content generated by the tool is typically not known for its factual accuracy. A manual proofreading and secondary research are necessary.
- The tool has a highly complicated pricing process. The cost is dependent on the number of words. There is no plan with unlimited words.
- There is no free plan available.
- They do not provide Topic Cluster tool like Scalenut.
Jarvis AI Pricing
- Jasper’s minimum plan starts at $29/month, which lets you generate 20,000 words per month. As the pricing is based on the number of words generated, you can customize the plan depending on your usage.
- For about 3,20,000 words per month, the estimated cost of using Jasper AI is about $99/month, making it one of the most expensive AI writing tools.
- You can also signup for Boss Mode at a starting price of $59/month for 50,000 words. The pricing of Boss Mode also increases with the number of words you generate per month.
- There is also a fully customized plan for large businesses which gives a dedicated account manager, premium technical support and a host of other features.
Jarvis AI is best suited for
- SEO specialists
- Content writers
#4 Rytr: The best Copy AI free alternative
Rytr is an affordable AI writing assistant that works on the GPT-3 technology. It supports around 32 use cases and 30 languages, making it one of the most diverse tools on this list. The best part about this Copy AI Alternative Free tool is that it is holistic: you can use it for SEO, checking grammar, and writing, all with minimal fuss.
- Editor: Rytr has a simplistic (yet powerful) doc-style editor that is ideal for writing long-form content.
- Native SEO Toolkit: Rytr comes with a native SEO toolkit that helps in optimizing your content and makes it SEO-enriched. It suggests keywords and questions that need to be included in your post.
- Magic Command: You can generate content in four simple steps. All you have to do is select the language, select the tone, select the use case, and finally add your inputs. Rytr will take care of the rest.
Pros of Rytr
- The tool has a lifetime free plan.
- It comes with an in-built plagiarism checker
- The tool is very fluid and can be navigated easily.
- The tool is mobile-optimized. You can create content on any device of your choice.
Cons of Rytr
- It integrates limited SEO capabilities.
- There aren’t any plug-and-play integrations available.
- It does not have a 5-minute blog writer.
- It does not provide a Topic Clusters tool for content planning.
- With the Free plan, you can generate up to 5000 characters in a month. Apart from this, you can access over 30 use cases, over 20 tones, and over 30 languages.
- With the Saver plan starting at $9 per month, you can generate up to 50,000 characters monthly. You get access to all the Free plan features plus the capability to create your own custom use-case.
- The Unlimited plan offers all the features in the Saver plan and additionally assigns you a dedicated account manager, offering priority email and chat support. It costs $29/month.
Rytr is best suited for
#5 Copysmith: A simplistic Copy AI alternative focused on copywriters
Copysmith is an AI copywriting tool that is reliable but has a limited number of features. This tool runs on the GPT-3 technology that is quite proficient in generating human-like content. Copysmith is used by writers to generate SEO-focused product descriptions, meta tags, and full-fledged blogs.
- Teams and Collaborations: Lets you share content easily with team members. All it takes is a single click of a button, and every writer on your team is aware of what needs to be done.
- Bulk Generation: This is one of the few AI writing tools that lets you create content in bulk. Ideal for creating hundreds of product descriptions in one shot.
- Campaign Builder: With this feature, you can launch your campaigns any time of the year without worrying about generating content.
Pros of Copysmith
- It comes with a free trial that doesn’t require any credit card for activation.
- It is easy to use as it is not riddled with many features.
- The bulk generation feature makes this tool quite popular for eCommerce business owners.
Cons of Copysmith
- Apart from a few must-have features, this tool lacks most of the advanced features essential in an AI writer.
- There is no 5-minute blog writer like Cruise Mode.
- It does not provide Topic clusters feature.
- It’s not ideal for long-form content.
- The Starter plan that costs $19/month lets you generate up to 33k words per month. It also offers 20 plagiarism checks, access to integrations, and in-app support.
- The Professional plan costs $59/month and it lets you generate up to 260k words per month. Apart from the features provided in the Started plan, this plan lets you perform 100 plagiarism checks.
- The Enterprise plan lets you generate unlimited words and unlimited plagiarism checks. It also assigns a dedicated account manager to take care of any special requirements.
Copysmith is best suited for
#6 Surfer SEO: The best Copy AI alternative that is feature-packed but not pocket-friendly
Surfer SEO is an all-in-one writing tool that also serves as your SEO optimization tool. The tool is a must-have for all those writers looking to generate content that is non-plagiarized, read-worthy, and SEO enriched in a short span of time. Surfer SEO supports multiple languages and has sub-tools such as Content Planner, Content Editor, and SERP Analyzer.
- Keyword Surfer Extension: A go-to feature for all those looking for content and keyword research on the go. It reveals search data for your keyword from 70 different countries.
- SEO Audit: Lets you check whether an older piece of content can rank higher by finding SEO mistakes based on what works today.
- Briefs: Lets you create a content brief in seconds. It comes up with unique titles, subheadings, and content ideas that match your needs.
Pros of Surfer SEO
- SurferSEO comes with multiple Chrome extensions for different features like keyword research, editor, outline generator, etc.
- The tool has an excellent customer support team and a thriving community to answer all your queries.
- The NLP model on which the tool is based is really powerful.
Cons of Surfer SEO
- No free trial is available.
- The tool is a tad complex to use.
- Not pocket-friendly for most people, especially for individual freelancers.
- 7 Surfer SEO Alternatives You Can Try In 2022
- Side-by-side Feature Comparison of Scalenut Vs Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO Pricing
- The Basic plan costs $49 per month. It lets you write and optimize 10 articles. It also lets you audit 20 pages in a month. You can invite 1 team member on this plan. It is priced at $49.
- The Pro plan is priced at $99 per month. It lets you grow 5 websites. You can write and optimize 30 articles and audit 60 pages in a month. You can invite 3 team members.
- The Business plan, that costs $199 per month lets you write and optimize 70 articles and audit 140 pages in a month. You can invite 10 team members.
Surfer SEO is best suited for
- Small and mid-sized agencies
- Content marketers of large enterprises
#7 Writesonic: The best Copy AI alternative for rewriting existing content
Writesonic is the final tool on this list capable of writing a 1500-words blog post in less than 15 seconds. The generated content is completely unique and adheres to most of the best practices of SEO. Writesonic is a suite of multiple mini-tools such as Sonic Editor, Paraphraser, Expander, and Shortener that automates the different phases of the content writing process.
- AI Writer: This smart feature lets you write blogs, sales emails, e-books, and whatnot in the wink of an eye. All you need to do is select the use case and enter the writing points.
- Paraphraser: The Paraphraser allows you to rewrite paragraphs instantly. The rephrased content not only revolves around your original content but is an enhanced version of it.
- Text Expander & Shortener: As the name suggests, this feature lets you expand or shorten a text. It adds relevant content or trims unwanted content to make the final output impactful.
Pros of Writesonic
- It has a wide variety of tools capable of automating multiple tasks related to content creation, such as summarizing, paraphrasing, expanding, trimming, etc.
- Competitively priced.
- A free trial is available. No credit card details are required to activate it.
Cons of Writesonic
- The content generated is raw and often needs an additional round of manual editing.
- Does not provide Topic Clusters.
- There are only a handful of templates, restricting the use cases for content creation.
- The Free Trial gives you access to 50+ AI templates, 25+ languages, a landing page generator, 1-click WordPress Export, Browser extensions, AI article Writer, and Sonic Editor.
- The Short-form plan(starts at $10) gives you access to all the features in the Free Trial plan minus AI article writer and Sonic Editor. As you increase the word count, the cost of the plan increases.
- The Long-form plan(starts at $13) gives you access to all the features in the Free Trial plan plus priority access to new features, custom feature request, and priority support.
Writesonic is best suited for
- Content marketers
And that concludes our list of the 7 best Copy AI alternatives. However, this is in no way an exhaustive list, and there are plenty of other tools that can generate quality content with minimal human intervention. With so many options available, you might be overwhelmed about picking a software like Copy AI with better features. But the thumb rule is simple: pick an alternative to Copy AI that
- Is easy to use
- Comes with a free trial
- Is ideal for both long-form and short-form content
- Has SEO-optimization features
Scalenut perfectly fits these requirements and is also easy on your pockets. Try it today and experience the power of its AI and NLP engines. Get started with Scalenut for free.