Writing is hard. It doesn’t matter whether you are creating a short case study for your business or writing a long article for your website; there are a lot of tasks involved. One particular step that many dread is optimizing articles for search engines. The complex nature of SEO can often impact your content volume and creativity.
This is where you need an SEO tool that runs on artificial intelligence. One such popular tool is Frase. Apart from its advanced SEO features, the tool is also known for its collaboration and analytics features. But the tool is not without its cons. A complex pricing model coupled with a steep learning curve is only the tip of the iceberg.
And that’s why many strategists and creators have started looking for an alternative to avoid all the negatives. To help you in your search, we have come up with a list of the 7 best Frase alternatives you can consider in 2022.
Looking for a Frase alternative that not only generates high-quality content that ranks on Google but offers much more. Try Scalenut, sign up for a 7-day free trial, and decide for yourself.
7 Best Frase alternatives to consider
Here is a list of the top 7 Frase competitors that you can use for meeting your SEO and content needs -
- Jasper AI
#1 Scalenut: The best Frase alternative offering maximum value
Having some of the most advanced SEO features, Scalenut definitely deserves the top spot in this list. This SEO and content marketing tool can automate the entire life cycle of your content creation process, right from research to writing a complete article. Scalenut runs on powerful AI and NLP engines that ensure that every content piece you write finds a top spot in the SERP results. Despite hosting a wide array of features, this AI writer and SEO content marketing tool has a simplistic user interface that can be navigated by someone new to content writing or SEO.
- Content Research Scalenut offers deep insights about your competitors that you can use to create a rankable blog. Scalenut not looks into the top 30 ranking URLs of your target keyword but also listens to what users in forums like Quora and Reddit have to say about it.
- Cruise Mode: If you are in a hurry, but wish to write an entire blog, this feature can help. With Scalenut’s AI blog and article writer you just have to set the context and feed in some writing points, the first draft of your article will be generated instantly. And the entire process takes less than 5 minutes!
- AI Templates: This feature proves that Scalenut is not only a powerful SEO tool, but also a robust copywriting one. Get access to over 40+ templates to generate instant headlines, meta descriptions, product descriptions, and more.
- Topic Cluster: A totally unique feature, topic clusters tool empowers you to build an entire content strategy to acquire topical authority on the SERP. Topic cluster comes up with multiple sets of topics revolving around your primary keyword. This lets you create pillar posts and secondary posts to gain topical authority.
- Social Listening: Scalenut automatically decode the minds of readers and highlights what they are discussing around your keyword on different forums like Reddit, Quora, and Google. With the help of this feature, you can better understand user intent and write articles on topics your users want to read.
- Long-form SEO Optimized AI Writing: Features like ‘Write,’ ‘Instruct,’ and ‘Connector’ available on the AI SEO editor enable you to expand your content piece in seconds. The tool also lets you rephrase existing content, irrespective of its length.
Pros of using Scalenut
- Unlike Frase, there is a free trial available in Scalenut. The best part is you do not have to provide your credit card details to avail this trial plan.
- Scalenut has a topic cluster generator which is absent in Frase.
- Scalenut comes with a Chrome extension to create AI content on the go. This is absent in Frase.
- You can generate unlimited keywords for as little as $32/mo.
- All the content generated in Scalenut is current and factual, thus eliminating the need for a verification step.
- Scalenut is ideal for both long-form (Ai article writing) and short-form content. Frase is not ideal for creating short-form content.
Cons of using Scalenut
Scalenut doesn’t really have any cons as such. However, some users may feel overwhelmed or find it difficult to use Scalenut due to the wide array of features that comes with it. However, Scalenut has resolved this challenge by building a huge media library with limitless how-to guides and tutorial videos to help new users navigate the platform relatively easily.
Scalenut Pricing: How much does Scalenut cost?
The complete detail about Scalenut Pricing is given below -
- The Individual Plan, priced at $12 per month, is sufficient for individual creators such as bloggers, marketers, and content consultants who do not have a massive monthly content requirement. If you opt for this plan, you can create 5 SEO reports and generate 100,000 AI words per month.
- The Growth Plan costing $32 per month, is ideal for startups and small businesses testing the waters of content creation. It lets you create 30 SEO Reports and generate unlimited AI words. Apart from this, you can use most of Scalenut’s advanced features such as Topic Clusters, Cruise Mode, Instruct AI to write, Paraphrasing, etc.
- Costing $60 per month; the PRO Plan has been carefully designed for big teams and large businesses who are playing in volumes. You get everything you find in Growth Plan (unlimited SEO reports) plus a dedicated customer success manager and multi-user support.
Scalenut is best suited for
- SEO strategists
- Content creators
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
#2 Jasper AI: The best Frase alternative for community interactions
Jasper AI (Jarvis AI) is a content creation tool that can handle both long-form and short-form content creation. This tool has multiple templates that you can use for coming up with a variety of content types such as short paragraphs, headlines, Google ads descriptions, etc. Jasper lets you write full-fledged blogs that are SEO-optimized and plagiarism free, all with minimal human intervention.
- Recipes: Recipes are pre-created workflows that users can use to generate instant content. It holds a series of commands that turns the content creation process into a repeatable and enjoyable activity.
- 25+ languages support: Jasper AI supports multiple languages, making it a popular tool among translators and polyglots who love to write in different languages.
- Integrations: Jasper can be integrated with another popular SEO tool, Surfer SEO, to access all its advanced features. The integration helps to elevate your content piece’s organic rank and bring it to the notice of search results.
Pros of Jasper AI (Jarvis AI)
- Jasper AI (Jarvis AI) can be integrated with Copyscape to check plagiarism.
- It’s perfect for multiple users. You can invite up to 5 members, even in the lowest plan.
- The tool is also ideal for collaboration. Apart from multi-user support, it lets you create different folders for different projects and store all the related content in the respective folders.
Cons of Jasper AI (Jarvis AI)
- There is no free plan or trial.
- None of the plans lets you generate unlimited words. Despite paying $600 per month, you can generate only 700,000 words. It makes Jasper a pricey software like Frase.
- Like Frase, Jasper AI cannot guarantee the factual accuracy of the generated content. As a writer, you need to perform another round of research on the draft before it can be converted into a publish-worthy content piece.
Jasper AI Pricing
The Starter plan is ideal for individual content creators. You can generate 20k words at $49 per month. The cost will rise as your required word count increases. In this plan, you get access to all the 50+ templates and multi-language support. It also lets you invite up to 5 members.
The Boss mode is suitable if you want better control over the content creation process. Besides the basic features offered in the Starter plan, the Boss mode offers Compose and Command features, Maximum Content Lookback, and a Google Docs style editor. The starting price of the Boss mode is $99 per month.
There is also a full-customized Business plan that offers a dedicated account manager to handle all your needs.
Jasper AI is best suited for:
- SEO Specialists
- Content Writers
#3 Outranking: The best alternative to Frase for analytics
If data about your content piece is your primary requirement from an SEO tool, then Outranking is a great choice. Thanks to its seamless integration with Google Search Console, you can find all the opportunities to optimize your content piece. The tool also arms you with necessary insights related to the latest content-creation strategies.
- Topic Clustering: Outranking provides semantic terms and related keywords to generate multiple topic ideas for you to create content. This enables you to create a series of related articles, making you the knowledge leader on that topic.
- Authority Gap: Use this feature to check which of your existing content pieces are good and which can be improved. Authority gap accurately captures what your readers are exactly looking for while visiting a particular blog page. It shares this vital information with you to make corrective measures.
- Keyword Strategy: This feature lets you accurately identify low-hanging keywords that will give a great push to your ROI. You can easily reduce ad spending without compromising your website's organic rankings.
Pros of using Outranking
- You get personalized onboarding sessions if you have subscribed to any of the higher plans.
- You can build a shared workspace for you and your team that lets you easily collaborate with each other.
- The tool has a vast library of videos and textual guides that can help new users learn the tool quickly.
Cons of using Outranking
- The tool is quite expensive compared to other tools on this list. Even the lowest plan costs $129.
- Even though a free trial is available, it has been difficult to access. You have to first book a demo to use it.
- Even the most expensive plan lets you create only 200 SEO documents. This might be difficult for a large agency handling multiple clients.
Outranking offers four pricing plans: solo, pro, company, and enterprise. Here are its details -
- The most basic plan is Solo which costs $129 per month. You can create 20 SEO documents, generate 250k AI words, and perform 100 keyword searches.
- The Pro plan, which costs $229 per month, lets you create 50 SEO documents, generate 500k AI words, perform 300 keyword searches, and build 100 Rank tracking and optimization briefs. This plan also lets you connect with Google Search Console to generate insights. It’s also possible to create a shared workspace for 2 team members in this plan.
- The Company plan is priced at $429 per month. In this, you can create 100 SEO documents, generate 1 million AI words, perform 1000 keyword searches, and build 200 Rank tracking and optimization briefs. Apart from this, you can connect to Google Search Console and create a shared workspace for 5 team members. You also get free platform onboarding.
- The last plan is the Enterprise plan which costs $999 per month. With this plan, you can create 200 SEO documents, generate unlimited AI words, perform 2000 keyword searches, and build 500 Rank tracking and optimization briefs. Like all other plans, you can connect to Google Search Console, create a shared workspace for 10 team members, and get free platform onboarding. This plan also offers a dedicated account manager and multiple add-on options.
Outranking is suited for
- In-house SEO
- Head of marketing
#4 Clearscope: The best Frase alternative for reports
The best thing about Clearscope is its ability to find different LSI keywords that need to be included in your content. This pushes your SERP ranking even further than what you would achieve by infusing simple keywords into your content piece. Clearscope also can dynamically grade your content based on the number of keywords you have used in the article.
- Reporting: Clearscope is one of the AI SEO content tools that offer content reports that lets you make informed decisions. The reports are filled with high-signal recommendations that are generated using real-time Google data.
- Insights: Like Reporting, the Insights feature also improves your decision-making process related to your content. It grades how good (or bad) your content is when compared to other similar articles on the same keywords.
- Integrations: Clearscope comes with direct integrations with Google Docs and WordPress. This eliminates the need to manually copy paste content from one tool to another.
Pros of using Clearscope
- Multi-language support.
- The tool offers free live training and onboarding sessions for every user.
- Even the most basic plan supports three users.
Cons of using Clearscope
- This is probably one of the most priciest tools available.
- The lack of free trial makes it difficult to gauge the capability of this tool without making a payment.
- There are no advanced features of Scalenut like Cruise Mode ( AI writing) or Topic Clusters generator(content planning) in this tool.
- The Essentials plan costing $170 per month, comes with 20 content report credits and 100 keyword discovery credits. It is best suited for a small team.
- The Business plan costs $1200 and is perfect for a large agency with a big team. This plan comes with unlimited user seats and 100+ content report credits.
- There is also an Enterprise plan that can be tailored according to your actual requirements.
Clearscope is suited for
- Content writers of medium and large-sized businesses
- Content marketers of medium and large-sized businesses
#5 SurferSEO: The best Frase alternative for chrome extensions
Surfer SEO is a suite of multiple tools all aimed at improving the content creator’s life. Some of the really popular tools include Keyword Research Tool, a Content Planner, a Content Editor, and a SERP Analyzer. Apart from its capabilities to improve the SEO aspect of your content piece, it also helps marketers in their writing efforts to convert a prospect into a customer.
- Multiple Views: Despite having multiple tools in its arsenal, Surfer SEO lets you access all the important data about a content piece through multiple views such as SERP view, table view, and chart view.
- SEO Audit: You can audit your existing webpage and identify all the SEO mistakes you made. This will give you a fair idea of what type of content is currently working for your target keyword.
- SERP Analyzer: With this feature, you can identify trends from the top 30 URLs for your target keyword. You will know what your competitors have already written on your subject. You can better it with the insights offered.
Pros of using SurferSEO
- SEO Surfer provides multiple Chrome Extensions, most of which are free.
- The tool can be integrated with both Google Docs and WordPress.
- It has something similar to the Topic cluster feature of Scalenut. It lets you organize hundreds of search terms into groups and write articles on them.
Cons of using Surfer SEO
- Surfer SEO doesn’t have any free plan.
- The tool is not beginner-friendly and has a steep learning curve.
- The number of reports you can generate for the price you pay is considerably low. As a result, the ROI takes a hit.
- SEO Surfer does not provide AI content writing.
- There is the Basic plan which costs $49 per month. It has been created mainly for individuals looking to develop a single website. By subscribing to this plan, you can optimize up to 10 articles and audit up to 20 pages monthly.
- The Pro plan costing $99 is perfect for a small agency with 3 team members looking to collaborate. You can grow 5 websites, optimize 30 articles, and audit 60 pages in a month.
- The Business plan is priced at $199 and is best suited for a large business looking to write and optimize 70 articles and audit 140 pages in a month. In this plan, you can invite up to 10 team members to collaborate.
SurferSEO is suited for
- Small and mid-sized agencies
- Content marketers of large enterprises
#6 Marketmuse: The best Frase alternative for beginners
If you want to understand the reader’s intent before writing every content piece, this is the tool for you. Marketmuse is a cloud-based SEO software that lets you know instantly whether your content is publish-worthy or not. It analyzes your content and highlights the areas that can be improved.
- Inventory and Applications: This feature instantly gauges the quality of an article and informs you how authoritative the post is in its particular category.
- Content Briefs: This feature automates the whole brief and outline creation process for your team. The briefs also include suggested related topics and various internal and external links for the keyword.
- Text Editor: The user-friendly editor is no different from the usual word processors you have been using tiil date. This ensures that the learning curve is flat.
Pros of using Marketmuse
- Marketmuse has a free plan. No credit card is required for activation.
- The tool has separate modules for different stages in the content lifecycle. For instance, it has a different module for writing and a different one for optimization. This eliminates any unwanted confusion while working with multiple tools.
- This tool has one of the richest help collaterals. It is filled with crash courses, how-to guides, and case studies.
Cons of using Marketmuse
- Though there is a free plan, it is quite basic in nature. The features are limited and are not suitable for all kinds of users.
- The tool is very expensive. The cheapest paid plan costs $7200 per year.
- There is no Chrome Extension
- No Google Docs and WordPress support.
- The Free plan makes this tool one of the few Frase Alternative Free tools. However, due to the limited features, it is ideal only for hobbyists looking to learn SEO. You can generate only 15 queries and build 10 projects in a month.
- Priced at $7200 a year, the Standard plan is ideal for the more serious content creators who already know how SEO works. The plan lets you generate 100 queries a month but build unlimited projects. In addition to all the basic features like Optimize, Research, Compete, Questions, and Connect, this plan also offers Data Export feature.
- The highest plan, called Premium, costs $12,000 a year. It provides everything you get in the Standard plan. You also get an on-demand content audit, Domain analysis, dedicated account management team, platform onboarding, and team access.
Marketmuse is best suited for
- Marketing teams of large enterprises
- Digital Marketing Agencies
#7 Dashword: The best Frase alternative for monitoring
Dashword is another online SEO content writing tool targeted at content creators and website owners looking to improve their organic traffic. The best thing about Dashword is its ability to offer different ways to improve the quality of your content based on what others have written around the topic and what people are talking about it on different forums.
- Content Briefs: You can automatically create content outlines that serve as a great starting point for your articles. You can edit them per your requirements or share them with your writers.
- Content Optimization: With this feature, you get access to all the latest SEO rules and secondary keywords that you can infuse into your content piece.
- Content Monitoring: Thanks to this feature, Dashword continuously monitors the ranking of all your web pages. It alerts you instantly if it finds any underperforming pages.
Pros of using Dashword
- Dashword is another Frase free alternative as it lets you generate the first report for free.
- Dashword has a Google Docs add-on. This means you do not have to switch windows multiple times while creating content.
- Even the lowest priced plan supports three users.
Cons of using Dashword
- Only a single language is supported.
- No unlimited report generation in any of the plans.
- There is no Chrome extension.
- The most basic plan is the Hobby which costs $39 per month. It lets you generate 5 NLP reports, monitor 5 content pages, and 35 traffic pages.
- The Startup plan costing $99 is ideal for a small team of 5 members. You can generate 20 NLP reports, monitor 20 content pages, and 100 traffic pages. In addition to that, you get premium support.
- The last plan is Business which is priced at $249 per month. It supports 10 users. You can generate 100 NLP reports, monitor 100 content pages, and 500 traffic pages. You also get premium support with this plan.
Dashword is best suited for
- Marketing teams of Startups
- Content teams of small and medium businesses.
And those are the top 7 Frase alternatives of 2022. Armed with all the information, you can now pick a tool that best suits your needs. However, remember to choose a tool that offers not only advanced SEO capabilities but also automates various sections of your content writing process. The tool should be able to handle any requirement you bring to the table, be it long-form or short-form content writing.
The only tool that checks all these boxes is Scalenut. It offers maximum value to its users and ensures that you do not have to find another tool for any of your content needs in the future. Get started with Scalenut for free.