Scalenut, an AI-powered SEO and content marketing platform, was launched two years ago in 2020. Since then, we have upgraded from being merely a long-form AI writing tool to a full-fledged content creation, optimization and marketing suite and have taken strides towards revamping the entire content curation process. Today, we are amongst the top options available to content marketers looking to harness the potential of AI for their content-related needs.
While we take pride in what we have been able to achieve in such a short span, we also gleefully acknowledge that we are not the only ones doing what we are doing. So, if you are looking to test the waters before subscribing to Scalenut, we thought of making the task easier for you.
This article discusses the top 10 Scalenut alternatives available in the market today.
Some Scalenut Alternatives
Listed below are the top 10 alternatives to Scalenut for all your content needs:
- Surfer SEO
- Copy AI
A cloud-based SEO tool, Surfer SEO helps in on-page optimization and enables the user to improve their content output. With a built-in keyword research tool and the ability to analyze content against 500 on-page signals, it is a Scalenut alternative to consider.
Key Features of Surfer SEO
- Compare Your Website to Your Competition
With Surfer’s Audit or Action Plan feature, you can review the top-ranking pages for your keyword and use the insights to optimize your content with ease.
- True Density for All Your LSI Needs
It comes with an on-page optimization feature called ‘True Density’, which gives insights into semantically related terms and phrases for your content.
- Link Building Based on Competitors’ Common Backlinks
Surfer has a dedicated section called ‘Common backlinks’ for backlinking. The feature generates the list of domains to which at least five pages from the Top 20 URLS have linked.
- Diverse Keyword Ideas
Surfer’s ‘Terms to use in the content’ feature lets you grab a list of suggested keywords that you can add to the current article. These can also be used for a separate article for additional traffic.
Pros of Surfer SEO
- It offers a descriptive SEO view that allows you to highlight URLs, exclude web pages, or spy on content generated by your competition.
- The tool has SEO audit capabilities that employ the BERT methodology by Google and give you constructive insights about your competition.
- Provides integration with Google Docs and WordPress.
- It offers an Outline Builder Google Chrome extension for added functionality.
Cons of Surfer SEO
- It doesn't have AI-aided writing capabilities, something which Scalenut specializes in.
- There are a lot of elements placed within the tool, which can be difficult for beginners to comprehend.
Surfer SEO Pricing
Surfer SEO doesn't have a free trial option but offers a 7-day money-back guarantee. Here is how its pricing plans are formed:
- Basic: Starts at USD 49 monthly with support for a website and up to 10 article optimization. In addition, you can audit 20 pages under this plan monthly.
- Pro: Starts at USD 99 monthly with support for up to 5 websites and optimizing 30 articles monthly. In addition, you can audit 60 pages monthly.
- Business: Starts at USD 199 monthly with support for up to 10 websites and 70 articles optimization. You also get support for an audit of 140 pages.
Surfer SEO is best suited for
- Small and mid-sized agencies
- Content marketers
Frase is an AI-powered content writing and optimization tool. The tool specializes in helping users create content and helps streamline the content curation process for its users.
Key Features of Frase
- Team Project Folders for Better Segregation
It has an option to let you organize all your content pieces into distinct folders for better accessibility.
- A Range of Custom Writing Templates
Frase offers custom writing templates that can be used for AI-based writing and optimization.
- Content Mapping with Wikipedia’s Knowledge Graph
Frase allows you to generate a knowledge graph presenting the keywords your audience is interested in. You can select any node on the concept map and the tool will provide a visual representation of related topics and concepts. Users can click on them for in-depth information.
- Optimize Existing Content on Your Website
It presents you with an SEO score of all the articles already live on your website, allowing you to identify gaps and optimize them too.
Pros of Frase.io
- It has a built-in ‘Answer Engine’ that generates a knowledge base for all your queries by crawling and reviewing its content.
- It packs several AI-driven features, such as Topic Clusters, Questions, Headers, and more for AI content brief generation. Scalenut, too, has these features to augment the writing process and the quality of output.
- Frase offers team collaboration features making it easier for content marketing teams to work together.
Cons of Frase.io
- The results generated by Frase can be generic and not useful sometimes.
- The software is pretty barebones and has limited functionalities in terms of adding the flair to your write-ups. In contrast, Scalenut offers a wide range of features for long-form and short-form content curation.
The software offers an SEO add-on priced at USD 35 monthly. In addition, it has three plans catering to different clientele types:
- Basic: Starts at USD 44.99 monthly and offers 30 document credits to a single user
- Team: Starts at USD 114.99 monthly, offering unlimited document credits to up to 3 users. You can add additional users for USD 25 monthly per user.
- Enterprise: A custom plan curated for your organization’s specific needs, offering unlimited credits to unlimited users or as discussed.
Frase is best suited for
- Freelance content creators
- Small enterprises
Clearscope is one of the costliest AI content tools available. It is a content optimization tool that offers a range of features for improving your content output. The tool focuses on optimizing content and has a well-laid-out assortment of features for improved productivity and performance.
Key Features of Clearscope
- Grade Summary for Content Quality
Clearscope has a ‘Grade summary’ feature, which grades your content based on three key factors: content grade, word count, and readability.
- NLP Terms
Clearscope also presents a section termed ‘Relevant terms’, which offers a list of NLP terms that you can use to improve your SERP ranking.
Pros of Clearscope
- It packs many features, such as Optimize, Grade summary, and Keyword Research for SEO optimization.
- It has Google Docs and WordPress integration for seamless content creation.
- It supports up to five languages, catering to more diverse user needs.
Cons of Clearscope
- Its relatively steep pricing may deter users from giving it a try and staying with it in the long run.
- In most cases, the keyword research tool offers subpar results compared to other offerings in the price segment.
As mentioned, the pricing of Clearscope may not be for everyone. Here is how its different plans stack up:
- Essentials: Starts at USD 170 monthly with 20 content report credits and 100 keyword discovery credits for up to 3 users
- Business: Starts at USD 1,200 monthly with 100 content report credits for unlimited users
- Enterprise: Custom plan to support all your needs
Clearscope is best suited for
- Large enterprises
- Content marketers
Jasper is a modern AI tool trained based on industry best practices and proven examples, enabling it to generate high-quality content. The tool has over 50 in-built use cases and has advanced collaboration features for a seamless workflow.
Key Features of Jasper
- AI-powered Templates
Jarvis offers over 50 different use cases for creation of AI-powered marketing copies.
- Advanced Integration with Copyscape and Surfer
The tool seamlessly integrates with Surfer SEO and Copyscape, offering you additional functionalities for NLP optimization and plagiarism check.
- Pre-built Workflows for Content Creation
Jasper has a ‘Recipes’ feature, which provides pre-built workflows to help you scale your content.
Pros of Jasper
- It has support for over 25 different languages.
- This Scalenut alternative has collaboration features and offers project management and multi-user functionalities.
- It has a relatively active social media community and a customer support team to answer your queries.
Cons of Jasper
- Its long-form section often churns average results. In contrast, Scalenut has many features to ensure that long-form content creation is a breeze.
- There is no trial plan for users to test its features. With Scalenut, users get a 7-day free trial to test all that the software has on offer.
Jarvis is a feature-packed offering for its price segment. Here are its different pricing tiers:
- Starter: Starts at USD 49 monthly for up to 5 users and offers multilingual support.
- Boss Mode: Starts at USD 99 monthly, offering full control of the software and priority chat support.
- Custom Plan and Price: It provides a plan based on the specific needs of your business and gives you the ability to manage limits user-wise.
Jasper is best suited for
- Content writers
- Detailed side-by-side comparison of Jasper AI vs Scalenut
- Best Jasper AI alternatives that you can use right away
Copy AI is another software that has made a name for itself as a tool in the copywriting space. As the name suggests, it specializes in copies and is a great option for users looking to optimize their social media presence or improve their email copies, among other cases.
Key Features of Copy.ai
- AI Templates for Over 90 Categories
The tool comes packed with over 90 different copywriting categories, one of the widest libraries you are likely to find.
- Multilingual Support
Copy.ai has support for over 25 international languages for efficient content creation without any semantic barriers.
- Blog Post Wizard for Generating Quick First Drafts
Like Scalenut’s Cruise Mode, Copy.ai’s Blog Post Wizard helps you generate your first draft in easy-to-understand steps.
Pros of Copy.ai
- The software is intuitive and extremely easy to learn.
- Given its support for multiple languages, users can use it to create highly-localized content.
- It offers a free plan, letting interested users test some of its features before investing.
Cons of Copy.ai
- Its final output is often error-prone and requires editing to make it usable.
- It doesn’t offer a plagiarism checker.
Similar to the interface, its pricing structure is also simple and easy to comprehend. Here is how its plans are priced:
- Free: A free plan offering up to 2,000 words per month but limited functionalities for a single user.
- Pro: Starts at USD 49 monthly with 40,000 words and access to all the new features to up to 5 users.
Copy AI is best suited for
- Email marketers
- Web copywriters
- Freelance copywriters and content creators
- Detailed comparison of Copy AI and Scalenut features
- Best Copy AI alternatives you can use right now
Rytr is another simple Scalenut alternative, which helps in short and long-form content creation. The tool supports various use cases and tonalities and offers an intuitive interface to make your content creation process hassle-free.
Key Features of Rytr
- Support for Over 30 Languages
Rytr supports content creation in over 30 languages, making it a truly international offering.
- An SEO Analyzer for Output Optimization
Rytr features an SEO Analyzer that helps you find keywords and create content more likely to be visible on SERPs.
Pros of Rytr
- It offers API integration with several tools for seamless content production.
- It offers users to choose from over 20 different tones. In comparison, most other tools limit tonality to 4 or 5 different types.
- It has a built-in plagiarism checker.
Cons of Rytr
- Rytr offers only basic functionalities for content creation. If you are looking for features like NLP keywords or topic clustering, you will have to switch to another tool. In comparison, Scalenut offers topic clustering to help gain topical authority.
- The API doesn’t provide plug-and-play integration, making it difficult for beginners without prior experience.
Rytr is one of the cheapest SEO tools you are likely to find, irrespective of your team size and other use cases. Here is how its different plans are stacked:
- Free: A free plan that offers up to 5,000 characters monthly
- Saver: Starts at USD 9 monthly, offering 50,000 characters monthly and the option to create a custom use-case
- Unlimited: Starts at USD 29 monthly with unlimited characters and priority email and chat support
Rytr is best suited for
- Beginner copywriters
- Small and medium businesses
Copysmith is another alternative to Scalenut that is targeted toward e-commerce and large marketing teams. The tool is based on GPT-3 and is an ideal choice for your copywriting needs, such as ad copies, social media descriptions, and more.
Key Features of Copysmith
- Built-in Shopify Integration
Copysmith allows you to import your product spreadsheet and can generate product suitable product descriptions in minutes.
- Direct Google Ads Integration
The tool lets you directly upload your ad copy to the Google Ads account via an in-built Google Ads integration.
- Built-in Plagiarism Checker
The content tool has a built-in plagiarism checker to ensure you create unique content on the go.
Pros of Copysmith
- It offers a wide range of AI templates for marketing copy generation.
- Copysmith offers collaboration facilities to let you work with your team members seamlessly.
Cons of Copysmith
- It doesn’t have enough chops for long-form content creation.
- The software offers limited SEO capabilities. In contrast, Scalenut has a myriad of features that help you optimize your SEO strategies.
Copysmith offers three different plans catered toward different user needs. Here is how its pricing stacks up:
- Starter: Starts at USD 19 monthly for individuals, offering 50 credits and 20 plagiarism checks every month
- Professional: Starts at USD 50 monthly, offering 400 credits and 100 plagiarism checks every month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing depending on specific organizational needs
Copysmith is best suited for
- eCommerce store owners
- Marketing agencies
- In-house marketing team in large enterprises
Outranking is another alternative to Scalenut, which offers AI intelligence for content curation. The tool specializes in optimizing SEO content, analyzing SERPs, and provides a wide range of tools for discovering keywords & phrases, queries, and SEO research. Outranking can be best described as an all-in-one platform offering step-by-step instructions to create rankable content.
Key Features of Outranking
- Keyword Gap to help Find Content Gaps
Outranking offers Keyword Gap, which helps you find relevant keywords your competition is ranking for, but you are not.
- EAI-guided Writing
You can create a new document or optimize an existing one using the SEO Content feature of Outranking.
- Perform Advanced SERP Analysis
Outranking crawls through the top SERP results and presents you with in-depth Keyword Data comprising meta titles, meta descriptions, headings, and more in one place for your target keyword.
Pros of Outranking
- It offers step-by-step instructions that can prove effective for SEO-optimized content curation, especially for beginners.
- Outranking uses GPT-3 for generating copies.
- It provides Google Docs and WordPress integrations for an effective content creation process.
Cons of Outranking
- It has a steep learning curve for beginners.
- The free plan is underwhelming and inadequate for new users to make an informed decision regarding purchasing a subscription. With Scalenut’s free trial, you get access to all the features without any unnecessary lock-in.
Outranking is feature-rich, and its pricing is also as expansive. In addition to a free trial, the paid plans are as follows:
- Solo: Starts at USD 129 monthly with 20 SEO documents and 250,000 AI words per month for a single user
- Pro: Starts at USD 229 monthly with 50 SEO documents and 500,000 AI words per month for up to 2 users
- Company: Starts at USD 429 monthly with 100 SEO documents and 1 million AI words for up to 5 users
- Enterprise: Starts at USD 999 monthly with 200 SEO documents and unlimited AI words for up to 10 users
Outranking is best suited for
- Small organizations
- Big enterprises
- Outranking vs Scalenut : all featured compared
- Best outranking alternative every marketer should know
Writesonic is an AI-powered copywriting tool capable of generating unique and engaging marketing content. This Scalenut alternative focuses on writing different types of copies, such as product descriptions and social media descriptions. It can also help in long-form content generation.
Key Features of Writesonic
- Paraphrasing Tool for your Rewriting Needs
Writesonic offers a paraphrasing feature that lets you rewrite and improve your write-ups.
- An Excellent Text Editor
It offers a rich-text control feature built directly into the software, enabling you to create SEO-optimized content and export the output effortlessly.
- Diverse Plugin Options
Writesonic offers plugin options for several document creators, such as Zoho, Dropbox, and MS Word.
Pros of Writesonic
- It offers a free plan to test its features.
- The content creation process is clutter-free and easy to master.
- It has a pay-as-you-go feature that lets you pay for services as needed.
Cons of Writesonic
- The number of users is limited even for its top-tier plan. Scalenut, on the contrary, allows the addition of new users with ease.
- The software experience is relatively barebones.
- It does not offer much for your SEO endeavours.
Unlike most other SEO tools where you are likely to find three plans or less, Writesonic has four paid plans catering to different needs. In addition, it has a free plan that offers 10 credits to new users.
Here is how its paid plans are tiered:
- Basic: Starts at USD 15 monthly with 75 credits for a single user
- Professional: Starts at USD 45 monthly with unlimited credits for a single user
- Startup: Starts at USD 95 monthly with unlimited credits for two users
- Agency: Starts at USD 195 monthly with unlimited credits for four users
Writesonic is best suited for
- Professional marketers
Anyword is another software like Scalenut that specializes in generating copies relating to landing pages, ads, and social media, among others. It is an AI-powered tool that uses predictive models for copywriting and offers a plethora of features to its users for optimizing the output.
Key Features of Anyword
- Preset Keyword Library for Diverse Needs
Anyword has a preset keyword library that lets you use AI to create SEO-optimized content across categories.
- Custom Mode to Train Its AI
Users can train Anyword’s AI to create content in a specific voice and tonality. It can be that of your brand or replicating that of the competition.
- Predictive Performance Score for Output
Anyword has a built-in predictive performance score, which predicts the conversion potential of your copies.
Pros of Anyword
- It lets you find the most effective words that can resonate with your target audience, improving your copies’ potential to reach a wider audience.
- Similar to Scalenut, it lets you generate multiple text variations in a single query.
Cons of Anyword
- It focuses on short-form content only and offers nothing for long-form content creation. In comparison, Scalenut holds its own irrespective of whether you seek long-form or short-form content.
- It offers limited integration with other tools.
Anyword has a free plan that offers limited functionalities with a cap of 1,000 words per month. In addition, there are two paid plans as listed below:
- Basic: Starts at USD 16 monthly for a user offering a 15,000 word limit per month
- Data-driven: Starts at USD 83 monthly, offering a 30,000-word limit to a user in 25 different languages
Anyword is best suited for
- Beginner freelancers
- Ad agencies
- Small businesses
What about Scalenut?
Now that you have read about the several other softwares like Scalenut, what about Scalenut itself? Scalenut is an all-in-one AI-powered SEO and content marketing tool that helps you with your content strategy, research, ideation, and writing. The software offers a diverse set of features for all your content needs, be it short-form or long-form.
- Cruise Mode for Supercharging your Content
Scalenut’s Cruise Mode lets you ease your long-form content process by generating the first draft within 5 minutes.
- Topic Clusters to Gian Topical Authority
Scalenut’s Topic Clusters helps you find keyword clusters you should be addressing as a part of your content strategy. These helps you acquire thought leadership in your content. Moreover, you can also create a comprehensive research report on a particular keyword cluster and get started with content brief creation.
- Boost Your Content Using NLP
Scalenut focuses on creating NLP-driven content, which makes it easier for the output copy to rank on SERPs.
- Guided AI-writing for Short-form and Long-form content
Scalenut’s AI features include Instruct, Write, and Connectors, which let you create coherent content using AI. These features offer much more control in terms of how your long-form content turns out.
Pros of using Scalenut
- We offer a free trial where users can test all the tool’s functionalities.
- Scalenut uses the top 30 SERP URLs for its content research, ensuring optimum results.
- It lets you create sharable content briefs for effortless collaboration.
- It has a 5-minute AI blog writer.
- It has a feature that ensures current and factural content (not offered by any other platform)
Cons of using Scalenut
- The app offers several functionalities, which can be a little overwhelming if you are new to the platform. However, we have laid out detailed Scalenut tutorials and guides, to help ensure you get acquainted with all the features available and use the content suite like a pro!
Scalenut offers a 7-day free trial for all its plans, where you can test the waters for all that the platform has to offer.
Here is how the plans are priced:
- Individual: Starts at USD 12 monthly with up to 100,000 AI words and 5 SEO reports for a single user
- Growth: Starts at USD 32 monthly with unlimited AI words and up to 30 SEO reports
- Pro: Starts at USD 60 monthly with unlimited SEO reports and AI words for up to 2 users. Additional users at USD 49/user.
Visit the Scalenut Pricing page for additional information. If you still have questions, we suggest you subscribe for a free 7-day trial where you get access to all our latest features and an in-depth understanding of the ecosystem we are trying to create.
Now that you know what makes Scalenut one of the best SEO intelligence tools and AI writing tool, click here to get started with Scalenut for free.